Thank you Xavier, vindictive refs and the doubters | The Boneyard

Thank you Xavier, vindictive refs and the doubters

Reaction Score
Just want to thank Xavier for coming up with the soft defense on Dre. idea. It was better to learn how to beat it in the regular season rather than in the tournament.

Thank for all the refs that held a grudge against Hurley because he learned to control himself and the team learned to play elite D without fouling as much.

Thank you to the doubters because you gave the team extra motivation thru out the season.

You tried to break us but you only made us stronger!!!!!

Reaction Score
In a more subtle tone, I do think it’s great that we play in the big east. The BE was the best basketball conference in the country last year.

Playing all of those guys twice last year stress tested the team and forced them to learn to adjust when things aren’t going their way. I feel like Hurley, Adama, and Andre all went through 2 years of growth in the last 3 months

I don’t know much about how football conferences work and how much money is associated in being P5, but as a UConn athletics fan that mostly cares about basketball, this is where we belong. This could not have been drawn up any more beautifully

caw

Reaction Score
This is actually a great point. The coaches in the BE will pick you apart if they smell a weakness. It helped UConn immensely. Imagine if that hadn’t happened and someone tried it in the NCAAT. Disaster.

I do think UConn was a bit lucky, but only in that the other BE teams didn’t make the final four. I wasn’t truly scared of any team but another BE team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom