Thank You Sue Bird. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thank You Sue Bird.

Reaction Score
I heard Sue say something to her teammates during a TV broadcast as they broke a huddle during a timeout that I never forgot. She told them "When the ball comes your way, make a play." That was good advice and gave her teammates something to think about.
FAN-tastic.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Do you remember her on the USA Olympic team? Sue the tiny one was the loudest one, AND in charge. She chewed them out, told them where to be, as she did at Uconn --ON the Floor she was THE BOSS. Amazing Sue Bird
.....Just like a player that we have now. :rolleyes:

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Here’s another one that tugs at the heartstrings…

View attachment 78867

It’s pretty obvious how big the moment was for Sue. She went out while she could still play the game at her incredibly high level. A classy exit for a classy lady.

#alwaysahusky
Damn those allergies of mine.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not since Sue has a player taken my brains and my heart.,
Well how could they, if Sue Bird already took them? So, does that mean that you are now brainless and heartless? Not the best combo.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For about the last decade, Sue was the most respected and most beloved player in the league. Her jersey was in the top-10 in sales year after year. The word “special” doesn’t do her justice. Best wishes, Sue!

Reaction Score
Well how could they, if Sue Bird already took them? So, does that mean that you are now brainless and heartless? Not the best combo.
Medically once your heart goes--there goes your brains. However, it is possible to lose your brains then, of course someone else, shall find you no longer have a functioning heart. It is much like the chicken and/or the egg. Which ever tastes best to you! (! for the grammatically Perfect).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom