Thank You Seniors and 2011 Huskies | The Boneyard

Thank You Seniors and 2011 Huskies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thank you to all of the seniors and RS juniors who played their last game as a Husky today. Today's game and this season didn't go the way anyone wanted.

But its over and its time for everyone to move on. This group of kids accomplished so much on and off the field. We fans literally watched them grow from teenagers to young adults in front of us. As a fan I'm really proud of them. I can only imagine the pride their parents feel.
It seems like it was only a few weeks ago that Kash was grabbing a miracle one hander against USC or that Teggart was booming 50 yarders to put us in the Fiesta Bowl.
For 4/5 years they have stayed out of the limelight and off the police blotter.

No matter how disappointed we fans are think of the disappointment of the players. None of them spent all the hours in the gym, practice field or meetings wanting to finish like this. But it happens, its called life. Sometimes you're the windshield. Sometimes you're the bug. Move on and hopefully your memories if being a Husky are good.

For the returnees. Remember the feeling. Every returning player in the NCAA is going to work hard, lift weights and study film. You have to do it better and want it more. No short cuts or magic potions. Just a grind of working to improve your game. Be good teammates and look to elevate each other and the team.

There's going to be changes in coaching and personnel. Deal with it, and come out stronger and better.

Best wishes.

Reaction Score
Thank you to all of the seniors and RS juniors who played their last game as a Husky today. Today's game and this season didn't go the way anyone wanted.

But its over and its time for everyone to move on. This group of kids accomplished so much on and off the field. We fans literally watched them grow from teenagers to young adults in front of us. As a fan I'm really proud of them. I can only imagine the pride their parents feel.
It seems like it was only a few weeks ago that Kash was grabbing a miracle one hander against USC or that Teggart was booming 50 yarders to put us in the Fiesta Bowl.
For 4/5 years they have stayed out of the limelight and off the police blotter.

No matter how disappointed we fans are think of the disappointment of the players. None of them spent all the hours in the gym, practice field or meetings wanting to finish like this. But it happens, its called life. Sometimes you're the windshield. Sometimes you're the bug. Move on and hopefully your memories if being a Husky are good.

For the returnees. Remember the feeling. Every returning player in the NCAA is going to work hard, lift weights and study film. You have to do it better and want it more. No short cuts or magic potions. Just a grind of working to improve your game. Be good teammates and look to elevate each other and the team.

There's going to be changes in coaching and personnel. Deal with it, and come out stronger and better.

Best wishes.
+1

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Well said Chin.

And something to look forward to next year. September 15, 2012 in College Park, MD. I can just imagine how this board might spontaneously combust on that day.

Reaction Score
Yes, great post and by all accounts a great group of guys. Let's wish them the very best as they head on to the next phase of their lives.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yes, thank you. Most accomplished class in UConn football history and the bar by which all future classes will be measured. If I can steal an abandoned phrase, "Success with Honor"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well said - bump

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Congrats to the seniors - 5 years, 4 bowl games, 1 BCS game, 2 BE championships. They made us all proud.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Thank you all for choosing UConn and achieving some very significant milestones for our program

win at ND, bowl victory over SC, a BCS bowl appearance and much more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34