Thank you Molly | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thank you Molly

Reaction Score
It always amazed me the way folks reacted when Molly (Briana Pulido, Tierney Lawlor, Marci Czel, etc.) scored a basket.

It was as if they had zero skill and when the ball dropped through the hoop folks found it so very unexpected that a standing ovation was in order.

Jeez, how insulting.

Nobody has bothered to ask them; but, I'll bet that those players would have liked it much better if it was accepted that they could actually shoot with the crowd reflecting that rather than jumping up and down.

My Opinion....
One of the highlights of UCONN's Championship Game blowout victory vs. Syracuse was Pulido's basket in the last minute. The starters on the bench, the sellout crowd, & Holly Rowe could not contain themselves as Polly stopped to give Geno a hug while running downcourt. It still gets multiple hits on You Tube. Lifetime memory for Briana, her teammates, coaches, & fans!

Reaction Score
Good golly Miss Molly, sure like to ball.
Good golly, Miss Molly, sure like to ball.
When you're rockin' and a rollin' can't hear your momma call...
From the Early Early Morning
To the Early Early Night
When You Caught Miss Molly
Miss Molly's Rocking
At the House of Blue Lights

Reaction Score
The over the top hyperbole stating that you can’t win a title without a Molly Bent type on a team actually does her a disservice. Why did you feel it was necessary to go there?

I understand your appreciation for Molly. But you could’ve stated your appreciation by enumerating all the wonderful things that Molly actually and truly brings to the team. Being a necessary component to winning a title isnt one of them, not for UConn or any other team trying to win a title.
I'm not quite sure how to respond to your post other than to say you are the first person to say that I did Molly Bent a disservice. I certainly am not going to apologize for what I said as I stand by it one hundred percent and it's pretty certain that your definition of "over the top hyperbole" and mine are worlds apart.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
The 2002-2003 and 2003-2004 Championship teams had Stacey Marron, who if I remember correctly she was the first walk-on student at UConn. I also believe that she was awarded a scholarship by Geno in either her Junior or Senior year. Every time that she came on and made a three the crowd would go wild like they did for the others like Pulido, Lawlor, or Bent.
I believe Marci Czel was a few years before her. Not sure if anyone was before her.
Colleen Healy. Walk on for her sophomore year, on Scholarship for her last two. Graduated in 1994.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom