Thank You, Maryland | The Boneyard

Thank You, Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
LVille losing doesn't preclude a similar situation like last year if MD beats ND (and UConn takes care of business) then the Terps get walloped by the Huskies.

Reaction Score
I posted a few times last year that I thought MD was the only team that had a chance to beat us this year. They haven't performed as I expected, but now who knows?

U

UCONNfan1

I posted a few times last year that I thought MD was the only team that had a chance to beat us this year. They haven't performed as I expected, but now who knows?
Why? Not being antagonistic, just curious.

Reaction Score
Well they had all those injuries last year and still played us as tough as anybody but ND and ND was losing their star. I thought they were developing much more support for AT and maybe they finally have. Pretty good win on Louisville's court.

Reaction Score
Well they had all those injuries last year and still played us as tough as anybody but ND and ND was losing their star. I thought they were developing much more support for AT and maybe they finally have. Pretty good win on Louisville's court.
A little perspective, please. How much did UConn win by on Louisville's court?

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I think MD is the only team in the Tmt now, because of Achonwa, that has a real shot of matching up with us. They are big , physical, have a star, and specialty 3 pt shooter, and their guard play has improved. Obviously they had some breakdowns late tonite- but I think they will give us a real battle before we beat them in the finals! I think they are vastly improved since we met them.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I too thought at the start of the season that Maryland could be a real contender because they seemed last year to have learned how to play pretty solid team defense and they were getting good players back from injury. then the season started and they had some pretty disappointing results and I started to doubt that they were really very good. But they have played really well in Louisville and I think they should give ND a good game. If ND's heads are straight it will be an interesting battle - if not they could get blown away.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I too thought at the start of the season that Maryland could be a real contender because they seemed last year to have learned how to play pretty solid team defense and they were getting good players back from injury. then the season started and they had some pretty disappointing results and I started to doubt that they were really very good. But they have played really well in Louisville and I think they should give ND a good game. If ND's heads are straight it will be an interesting battle - if not they could get blown away.
UC - I think N Dame is now vulnerable in a big way now. MD has some real mojo going- they are big and deep. I think they will take ND down w out Achonwa.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
UC - I think N Dame is now vulnerable in a big way now. MD has some real mojo going- they are big and deep. I think they will take ND down w out Achonwa.
I think the odds makers will certainly give MD the nod. But I do not think it is a foregone conclusion that they will win. If ND can get their heads straight it should be a hard fought game. If ND is emotionally messed up, then MD will blow them out. Maryland has a lot of height, but most of their talent is wing and guard oriented which is now NDs strength as well.

Reaction Score
It's gonna be a great game to watch. Nuetral court etc.

I hope Jewell Loyd has a repeat performance. Mcbride needs to use her head and not get in early foul trouble.

Reaction Score
The scary thing about MD, to me, is that I've been saying for two years that they don't know how to show up and play for 40 minutes. They'd have some bad losses because they would only show up for about 20 minutes against a team that they could beat in 21, then play strong against UConn or ND because they'd show up for 35+. I didn't get a chance to watch the MD-Tenn game yet, but when PinotBear told me Thomas went for near 40 points, I said "Well, sure, she usually gets near 20 while only really playing the 2nd half. Of course she'll get 40 if she pays attention the whole game."

They've now gone two games straight for near 40 minutes. They were always a Final Four caliber team if they could only play the whole game, and it's happening now. I'm not sure anybody really knows, for certain, how good they can be if they can keep this up.

Reaction Score
by the comments here, I guess that Stanford conceded the semi-final to us, giving UConn a pass straight to the final?

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I think the odds makers will certainly give MD the nod. But I do not think it is a foregone conclusion that they will win. If ND can get their heads straight it should be a hard fought game. If ND is emotionally messed up, then MD will blow them out. Maryland has a lot of height, but most of their talent is wing and guard oriented which is now NDs strength as well.
True- but I think they will get hammered on the boards- and Md is looking like it's got something going. Those acl's seam to be a thing of the past and their guards seam to be playing at a different level. I can't wait to see that game. I think it will be quite a game also UC!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Muffet will totally out-coach Frese. Edge to the Irish.
I would give coaching edge to Muffet- no doubt. I think Md will win this game- just my thought. They should totally dominate in the paint. Key word being should. They have a cocky swagger back - MD. Without Natalie, I would be betting them.

Reaction Score
That is all.
Just curious, what do you have against Louisville? Hell UCONN has proven time and again that they are a bad matchup for the Ville averaging close to 20 point margins of victories. Geno and Jeff have great respect for each other as well. You want none of Maryland. They actually can equal UCONN's height and be an opponent that could end UCONN's run.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Alanin, ETT is a Baylor fan, not a UConn fan, and he's still unhappy about last year's Louisville-Baylor game. Still thinks Griner got mugged, as per Jeff's game plan, and that allowed U of L to take Baylor's rightful place in the finals.

HGN

Reaction Score
Pinotbear you are exactly right......Heck ETT is mad because none of his teams got in as UConn knocked out TAM....Bad week for Texas teams.

There is no peace in east Texas this week. And I ain't talking no trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom