Thank You Louisville | The Boneyard

Thank You Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I don't have to see those ND uni's ever again.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Unfortunately for those of us with retinas still attached Notre Lame will most likely play in the NCAA tournament. And yes, they will be wearing those jerseys

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
I also hated the moose call that some ND fan (or cheerleader?) blew on whenever ND's opponent was on offense...very annoying!
Now beat Syrabuse for the glory of the Great Big America 10-12!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Louisville has dominated the Big East Tournament in its short time here. What is this, their 4th finals appearance? In 9 years? That's impressive.

Reaction Score
Louisville has dominated the Big East Tournament in its short time here. What is this, their 4th finals appearance? In 9 years? That's impressive.

Everything is cyclical, but Louisville has consistenly been the best team in the league over the past 7-8 years now.

They have 3 McDonald's guys on their team.

It shouldn't come as a surprise, though. They have a great history and crazy fanbase.

My guess is that they spend the most money by far for basketball: coaches salaries, operating expenses, recruiting expenses.

I think this is finally their year to win it all.

Reaction Score
For the love of all that is Holy beat Cuse so they can't make "LAST BIG EAST TOURNEY CHAMPS" t shirt. Plus they may have to rearrange their Helms National Championship banners.

Reaction Score
Everything is cyclical, but Louisville has consistenly been the best team in the league over the past 7-8 years now.

They have 3 McDonald's guys on their team.

It shouldn't come as a surprise, though. They have a great history and crazy fanbase.

My guess is that they spend the most money by far for basketball: coaches salaries, operating expenses, recruiting expenses.

I think this is finally their year to win it all.

I agree they've been the most consistent, so if by best you also mean most consistent, UL is it. On the other hand, since 2004, UConn has fielded 4 teams which were better than Louisville, and the overall accomplishments are better because of those teams. But then you look at UConn in 2007, 2010, 2012, 2013, and they get knocked in comparison. It depends on the metric you use. Personally, I'd rather be UConn.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Pitt was in the BET championship game 7 out of 8 years thru 2009. A lot of good it did them in the big dance.

That said, I hope they destroy Cuse tonight. And as long as Siva is on his game, they can go very, very far. I worry about tonight a little because Siva was terrible in their first game vs. Cuse (one FG, 1-9 from 3 pt).

Reaction Score
I agree they've been the most consistent, so if by best you also mean most consistent, UL is it. On the other hand, since 2004, UConn has fielded 4 teams which were better than Louisville, and the overall accomplishments are better because of those teams. But then you look at UConn in 2007, 2010, 2012, 2013, and they get knocked in comparison. It depends on the metric you use. Personally, I'd rather be UConn.

Absolutely agree.

UL finally made it to the FF as a big east team last year (Pitino did get them there the year before they entered in 2005) and they have had a couple of elite 8s in this same time span. But Uconn's NC makes it hard to say UL has been better overall.

They have been the most consistent.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Marquette is the only team to win 10 or more Big East games every season since the merger. That's pretty impressive

Reaction Score
On the other side, that ends 18 years in the BE for ND in which, despite having some good teams, never advanced to a BET final. They are tough during the regular season, but just not built for post-season basketball.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
On the other side, that ends 18 years in the BE for ND in which, despite having some good teams, never advanced to a BET final. They are tough during the regular season, but just not built for post-season basketball.

They also have a piece of crap turtle for a coach.

Reaction Score
Marquette is the only team to win 10 or more Big East games every season since the merger. That's pretty impressive

Wow- that is impressive. I always forget about Marquette, even though they have had he upper hand against uconn.

But they are also like ND- no big east regular season or tourney titles.

They just kinda hum along and then are usually out the 1st weekend of the tourney (except the past two years).

Both Marquette and Louisville have been very good since joining the league. It's funny since both went to final fours right before joining, but were actually pretty mediocre from the mid 90s to mid 00s.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sadly I have to root for Syracuse. Wish Georgetown knocked them off. Can't accept a non original BE team winning the BET this year.

Reaction Score
Sadly I have to root for Syracuse. Wish Georgetown knocked them off. Can't accept a non original BE team winning the BET this year.

Unless things change (which they seem to from day to day), then Louisville will be a conferencemate next season. I have to root for them. The Big East banned us from the tourney, then they died, and did not bother to invite us for the swan song. If anyone cares about the history of the Big East, then we would be allowed to participate. Not to mention, the Cuse was banned from the NCAA tourney in 1993, and allowed to participate in the BET. The Cuse was one of the first to start this conference realignment bs. At least next year, Louisville will be in the same conference. duckck Cuse and the Big East. Go Louisville!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom