Thank you Kris Dunn! | The Boneyard

Thank you Kris Dunn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I think once Dunn said he was staying at New London and not playing with Drummond at W&M, it was at that point that AD made up his mind that he was UConn bound. Thanks Dunn! Welcome Andre!

Reaction Score
Strange recruiting twists and turns never cease to amaze me. This is one of the crazier recruiting stories.

Reaction Score
Strange recruiting twists and turns never cease to amaze me. This is one of the crazier recruiting stories.

2 of the crazier recruiting stories ended up with us, and both will benefit us tremendously.

Reaction Score
2 of the crazier recruiting stories ended up with us, and both will benefit us tremendously.

All three of this year's recruits are crazy stories. It's been a whirlwind year.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
All three of this year's recruits are crazy stories. It's been a whirlwind year.

Seriously, not a standard recruiting process in the bunch. Wouldn't have it any other way!!! What a great day!

Reaction Score
It's the New England climate. You don't like the weather? Wait a minute!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So let's summarize. AD says he wants to stay in hs and play with kids his own age. He chooses W&M to join Dunn and some UConn fans think he is bs'ing everybody and ream him for not wanting to play against good competition.

Dunn doesn't get recruited by UConn for a month, realizes he's not getting a UConn offer so he decides to go to PC to stay near his family. He also decides he and Drummond are going to different colleges so there was no need to play with AD and he announces he's heading back to New London.

AD realizes he's not playing with his good friend Kris Dunn either in HS or college so there is no need to wait a year and be part of a two part package. He announces he is heading to UConn.

Some UConn fans are gladly eating crow. PC fans are still thrilled, but have had the wind taken from their sails and fall behind once again in the race. And UNC fans who thought they had this season rapped up are devastated.

No wonder Irene is targeting all three states.
thumbnail.aspx

Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
This time last year we all felt like the sky was falling.

Reaction Score
Some were saying there's no way Drummond will play college b-ball. Time to eat crow. Let's hope he stays for 2 years!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
This time last year we all felt like the sky was falling.
I remember the doom and gloom from some when we found out Majok wasn't returning.

Reaction Score
Wait...Ater isn't coming back? I thought he was just redshirting? Crap.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that thinks that AD decided he wasn't going to go to W&M prior to Kris Dunn deciding he was headed back to New London? I'm in the minority here I'm sure, but I think Dunn decided to go back to NL once his buddy AD told him he was going to UConn. To me, it makes more sense that Dunn would want to go home for his senior year if his one friend going to prep school with him wasn't going to be there.

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Eh, I think it was a mixed bag. I would agree that maybe there was something else in the mix. My first guess would be the NBA lockout. This lockout seems to have a very real chance to cancel the entire season and if that's the case then there is no benefit for Andre to spend a year in prep when he doesn't know what the new rule will be. Additionally, the chance that the rule expands to require 2 years post-high school means that AD joins a UConn team minus lamb, etc.

I think Dunn played a role but you could be right in that he made his decision based on AD's. Zagoria's statement that UConn was focusing on adding a big to their roster would bolster that theory.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Am I the only one that thinks that AD decided he wasn't going to go to W&M prior to Kris Dunn deciding he was headed back to New London? I'm in the minority here I'm sure, but I think Dunn decided to go back to NL once his buddy AD told him he was going to UConn. To me, it makes more sense that Dunn would want to go home for his senior year if his one friend going to prep school with him wasn't going to be there.

Thoughts?
Chicken/Egg- would be interesting to hear that backstory of events, in addition to where the schollie/walk on comes from? I'm fired up and it will all sort out as we try to go Back/Back with this NEW potent lineup!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Thoughts?
Any thing is possible. But I'm certain about one thing you stated. You will most certainly be in the minority.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Kris Dunn you are my favorite non UConn commit ever

Let's not be too hasty just yet. Brandon Jennings is still #1 on that list because missing out on him allowed UConn to get Kemba.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Let's not be too hasty just yet. Brandon Jennings is still #1 on that list because missing out on him allowed UConn to get Kemba.
Ok i jumped the gun on this one

Reaction Score

Thoughts?

Possible, but that theory kind of contradicts the Courant's version stating that Camp Drummond was holding a family meeting on Friday to discuss the options and make a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom