Thank you Houston | The Boneyard

Thank you Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I think we've all just breathed a collective sigh of relief.

pj

Reaction Score
Why? I'd rather face tough competition. SMU would have been a good warmup for the NCAAs, if we were to meet them in the championship game.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
SMU close to the bubble now. A&M just forced 2OT on Mizzou, which will certainly knock them out and leave on more spot for SMU to hang on to

Reaction Score
SMU close to the bubble now. A&M just forced 2OT on Mizzou, which will certainly knock them out and leave on more spot for SMU to hang on to

I could see SMU falling to a play in game off this loss.

Reaction Score
I would have zero fear of UConn meeting SMU a third time - our chances against SMU in a third game are better than our chances tonight against Memphis.

I kind of agree. Tonight's match-up against Memphis tonight is a total disaster. If we manage to win this one I would be VERY impressed with the toughness of this team. On the flip side, I'm not sure a loss would mean much, unless we get toasted like last Saturday.

Reaction Score
I would have zero fear of UConn meeting SMU a third time - our chances against SMU in a third game are better than our chances tonight against Memphis.

I think they are too big for Uconn. Terrible matchup.

Reaction Score
Given we have to get by Memphis and most likely Cincinnati, two pretty good basketball teams, before we ever had to worry about SMU, I hadn't even given them a thought. If we win this thing, it will be a pretty impressive performance in fact.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Is there even a small chance Houston has against LVille?

LVill is up 30+ points on Rutgers in the 1st half.

Make that .... up 42 points at end of 1st half !

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Damn, Patrick! I think your new avatar has scarred me for life.
Knocked himself clear out of running for public office unless he holds dual citizenship in France.

Reaction Score

Pretty much, especially seeing it's obvious by now UConn has no business losing to them at Gampel.

Reaction Score
Houston winning was the worst possible outcome. Not sure how anyone could think otherwise.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Knocked himself clear out of running for public office unless he holds dual citizenship in France.
Not France but I do have dual citizenship in Ireland

Reaction Score
Why? I'd rather face tough competition. SMU would have been a good warmup for the NCAAs, if we were to meet them in the championship game.
Not that I would want to face then again, they are a tough matchup for us, but their lost to Houston just makes our two losses to them look all that much worse. We really wanted the top AAC teams to advance deep in the tournament to help the NCAA seedings for us and the other AAC programs. Maybe the silver lining to this is we will get a higher seed than SMU will if we advance past Memphis tonight.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Everyone is entitled to make stupid posts. I just happen to exercise that right more often than others.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Our does Houston winning make our loss to Houston a little less horrible?

I liked the sentiment of the post but I would rather play SMU than 'Ville for the title,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom