Thank You from The UConn Daily | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thank You from The UConn Daily

Reaction Score
Hi all. Just wanted to say thank you to all the fans who have subscribed and engaged with the UConn Daily this year. We are winding down to a close this year and trying to figure out next steps.

What we do know is the response and engagement that we have experienced has us convinced that there is something here and right now we are going to do this through the spring and next year. We haven't sold any advertising or put any marketing effort forward, so that's something we are going to start planning out now.

If anyone has any input on how we can get better, what you liked, didn't like, and any suggestions on what's missing please let us know. Some of our articles and styles worked, some didn't. We liked what we have done, and know that we have a ways to go to get a better product out there. We think we have the editorial and tone down. Now is the hard part, growing, advertising and marketing!

So, I need some help!

Looking for input and ideas. While this is Zac and I's newsletter to produce, I really like to think of it as a service to the fans and for you guys. We are always going to think like fans first and what you want to read and need to know, not what we want to write.

And, don't forget to share! And, hopefully, we get a bowl game and men's NCAA tourney to write about next year.

Critiques are always welcome and you can write them here, or my email is always open at john@uconndaily.com.

Thanks for your support.

John Silver
You guys do a terrific job and I love reading your email in the morning. I know there hasn’t been much good to report on football but I would love to see more coverage of the team, players etc.

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
You've made checking my Inbox fun again. Great job, and thank you!

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
Building on that, maybe a trip down memory lane (particularly when the team is just so-so) and highlighting notable games/performances that we've most likely forgotten about?

Maybe not every day, but on certain days (what makes the cut is up to you) a “On this day in UConn History” section with maybe hyperlinks to YouTube video game highlights would be cool. Haven’t been keeping up as much as I’d like so if this already exists disregard

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Hey @JohnFSilver I haven’t read through the entire post here but one of the things I’d love to see is enhanced coverage of non-revenue sports (m/w tennis, golf, volleyball, etc). Just results would be fine to start nothing major but it’s always cool to see UConn doing well in any sport thats out there and including it in the summary would be a nice touch

Reaction Score
Hey @JohnFSilver I haven’t read through the entire post here but one of the things I’d love to see is enhanced coverage of non-revenue sports (m/w tennis, golf, volleyball, etc). Just results would be fine to start nothing major but it’s always cool to see UConn doing well in any sport thats out there and including it in the summary would be a nice touch

that's something we want to do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom