Thank you for staying! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thank you for staying!

Reaction Score
Enough already with the hagiography of these two. Let's be serious, if they left we would have been fine. Besides where were they gonna go?
Is that why you stick around, being a hater, because you have nowhere else to go?

Reaction Score
Enough already with the hagiography of these two. Let's be serious, if they left we would have been fine. Besides where were they gonna go?
Love the post. Can't say I agree. Can't say I disagree either. But the post adds flavor to the yard.

I always prefer flavor.

I also have very little time for the cry babies who are complaining about the post. But I suppose they add flavor as well.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Love the post. Can't say I agree. Can't say I disagree either. But the post adds flavor to the yard.

I always prefer flavor. I also have very little time for cry babies.
The flavor is burnt garbage. It's an awful post. Is Waquoit a fan or a critic?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I don't think you have a solid grasp on the reality of the talent level of these kids and competition for talent across D1 basketball. Ok, Duke and UK weren't going to come calling, but there are 250+ D1 coaches that would've happily and aggressively slobbed their knobs to get either of them on their rosters.

Reaction Score
When’s that avatar horse of yours going to be euthanized?
*Godfather theme intensifies*

opSQk5.gif

Reaction Score
I can't call it the worst. Used "hagiography" in appropriate context and spelled it correctly. That alone should keep it out of the top spot.

Agree - I'm sure I'm not the only one who learned a new word today, so there is that.

Reaction Score
These two haven’t finished better than 6th in AAC together.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
That's fine. You guys are just going over the top. These guys finally start playing team ball, we start winning and it's all hugs and kisses.
"We start winning and it's all hugs and kisses"

Yes, it's called being a fan of the team. You should try it some time, it's fun.
Dink.

Reaction Score
“You had me at hagiography.”

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I can't call it the worst. Used "hagiography" in appropriate context and spelled it correctly. That alone should keep it out of the top spot.
Autocorrect.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
"We start winning and it's all hugs and kisses"

Yes, it's called being a fan of the team. You should try it some time, it's fun.
Dink.
It's great to have a thread like this after many years where people have been unhappy.

I'd also be impressed if people had the backs of our players and coaches when things aren't going well. Those are the fans I most admire.

Many of us commingle our emotional personal needs with issues. We are adept at making ourselves sound objective when actually we are subjective. We're either unconscious of doing it or aware of it but seamlessly rationalize our positions rather than facing our own shortcomings. It is why so many people confuse rational debate with irrational expression. It's the driving force allowing people to believe their statements are criticism when it nothing more than couched derision and payback.

Many of us insist people deride situations when we're unhappy and celebrate when we're happy. Why? That only feeds into our weakness. When it's applied to this team it's my definition of a fair weather fan. I would give anything if what I am writing was exclusive to this forum. Unfortunately this forum is a microcosm of humanity in general.

Absolutely celebrate when times are going well and the situation is fun. It certainly is preferable to the opposite situation. But the world and this forum would be a better place if we had the courage and ability to restrain ourselves in non ideal times.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If this team makes the aac tournament championship game, vital will likely (to win that many games) end up 6th all time in scoring.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You got mad that I like something on the internet and threw a tantrum. Then had the weakest reply. You are better than this.
Not really. More than once.

I think you're missing clearly stated emotional clues, and it forms a picture I'm unable to correct. Hardly a big deal, but I just see no need to acquiesce or confirm for you what are misperceptions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom