Thank you, Brimah, Facey, Noyes, and Purvis | The Boneyard

Thank you, Brimah, Facey, Noyes, and Purvis

Reaction Score
Absolutely... For all of the abuse Amida has taken, he made one of the most important plays in our history against St. Joes. Seriously, consider where we would be now if he had fumbled that ball? We might be saying "thank you" to KO as well. He also had one of the most ridiculous games in basketball history with his 40 point game against Coppin St. Ridiculous in that, Amida Brimah, scored 40 points in a game on like 13 dunks and free throws.

Purvis was such a good kid and a great guy. There are many stories about all of the good stuff he did behind the scenes.

Facey: I'm glad he showed some of his potential and became such a presence.

Thanks much to the seniors; it sucks that it all had to end like this.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
And while I'm at it, thanks to Matt Wheeler as well.

Reaction Score
Well said. That play will still be Brimah's biggest claim to fame, and it saved our bacon and kept us on the road to another Cinderella title. Best wishes to him and to all the seniors.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I would like to echo the above posts. Thanks guys for a wonderful season. Thank you seniors. Next season cannot come soon enough.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Always remember that and how big it was.

Well said. That play will still be Brimah's biggest claim to fame, and it saved our bacon and kept us on the road to another Cinderella title. Best wishes to him and to all the seniors.

Reaction Score

It's crazy watching this again... For someone who has consistently had awful hands and been a poor rebounder, he makes a tough catch/board, only moderately fumbles in traffic, composes himself, and finishes. Probably a 1 in 10 chance he makes that play and he did.

Reaction Score
Probably the worst thing to happen to him. He thought he was a legit player even though it was basically Kramer at the dojo

Reaction Score
All my fellow alums know well the phrase in the Union:

Students Today, Huskies Forever

Two of you brought this excellent University back to the mountaintop of College Basketball. To the other, well I shouted him out in my own thread.

We will always support you and celebrate all the successes you are sure to one day achieve

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Rodney Purvis, Kentan Facey, Amida Brimah, and Mike Noyes. Four guys we were lucky to have in the program who deserved to have their careers end in a much better way than what they ended up getting.

My favorites have always been the whipping boys. They represented UConn far better than the fans who felt justified in trashing them every opportunity that saw.

Reaction Score
My favorites have always been the whipping boys. They represented UConn far better than the fans who felt justified in trashing them every opportunity that saw.
Some people just don't know better. Life viewed thru a negative lens. Every one of those players and coaches worked very hard to hard to improve their lives, their game, their team. I went to the Houston and Cincinnati games and the level of play was excellent as well as the crowd support. More importantly the Uconn players, every one of them, played with tremendous heart and fire. This whole program is going to raise the roof next year.

Reaction Score
Thanks to all, sorry I hammered a couple great kids, great Huskies. Hope the future treats these kids well, I'm sure they've grown as men under the tutelage of KO. Best of luck to each.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Yup, me too. Taliek still rates very highly with me for this reason, among others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom