THANK YOU BIG EAST!!! | The Boneyard

THANK YOU BIG EAST!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seen in Times Square. Big East conference strongly promoting.....FOOTBALL!!!

Giant billboards welcoming all the new big east FOOTBALL teams. Navy billboard right there with my own eyes yesterday - the others have been up too in the past month, didn't know that.

go ahead, google the photos. big east football and times square.

Thank you big east conference. Holy . Marinatto are you reading?

It's 10 years late, but late is better than never. There are those out there, who've read the discussions, that know what I"m talkign about.

The big east is going to be fine going forward people. Just fine. They get it in Providence now.

I saw it in lights in the big city.

Reaction Score
I'll take a pic tomorrow night when we go through there on our way back from a run.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
377247_10150448169179831_87028944830_8176613_1201512304_n.jpg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
cool, 10 years late but cool. now uconn should do that plus bboards along 95 ncy to ri, 91 springfield down to nh and 84 from pk to storrs

Reaction Score
I thought I saw a sign that said "Wecome to NY, home to Rutgers football." I could be mistaken though.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt that the Navy banner is still running today, I was in NYC yesterday and nearly fell down when I saw that thing.

I didn't know how to put the photo up on this thing, and it took me forever to figure it out. I didn't even realize that the others had been advertised too until I got home.

The cost of putting up these things in Times Square would make you fall through the floor. The Boise, SMU, Houston, SDST, and UCF boards ran for a full 24 hours by what I can tell, and the Navy ad probably the same, so FDNY probably won't see it by tomorrow.

The fact that it happened, WOW.

Reaction Score
Navy banner is running all day today. American Eagle runs those boards and as a partner of the BE, they let them have some exposure on there. Pretty sure no schools paid directly to have them put up. One thing is for sure, our athletics department here at Navy is loving the exposure. Both in NYC and over social media.

Reaction Score
No place in the world like NYC to make an impression about something............

....not sure how Schiano is going to do with Tampa as his sales closing tool.....

sorry - couldn't resist, and that tampa / syracuse thing is some serious clowning around by some computer fool.

Reaction Score
Wow. That's one heck of a campaign. Good stuff. Makes me motivated to get to spring practice!

Reaction Score
Those billboards have a "big city" aura to them. Perfect for NYC.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the pictures.

I wish we were starting the new conference next year. Out with the old in with the new.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Very cool but where is ours?

Reaction Score
The graphics look great. I am sure that three people who actually watch college football in NYC liked them. It's like selling ice fishing equipment in the Caymans.

Good job Big East!

Reaction Score
At least they're trying, it's a start. Does look good, and we'll see how sustained this marketing effort is.

Would have been better had Tranghese started this campaign about 10 years ago after the BE raided the ACC and landed FSU, GT, Maryland, along w/ Louisville to join Miami, VT, WVU, Pitt, RU, SU, BC, and newbie UConn... oh wait, never mind.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
All you need is a consistently big winner nearby, and NYC will begin to fully embrace CFB.

It's that simple - and that complicated...

Reaction Score
Much better than seeing the Syracuse: New York's College Team ads....

Reaction Score
NYC embraces college football already...I can tell you that aving worked there for the past 12 years...problem is this: The NYC work force went to college somewhere...thet root for their alma mater. On Saturdays during football season each school has a bar or bars where their fans go to watch games in Manhattan. Bars will go so far as to get banners made up with slogans such as "The Official HQ of PSU Football". Manhattan is also very neighborhood like believe it or not. People rarely travel outside a 8-10 block radius of where they live. The one exception...college football Saturday and NFL football Sunday. This is the reason NYC doesn't have a "true" college team. We definitely have a presence in NYC though...and if our new AD markets athletics the way Pres Herbst wants ..sky's the limit!

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
NYC embraces college football already...I can tell you that aving worked there for the past 12 years...problem is this: The NYC work force went to college somewhere...thet root for their alma mater. On Saturdays during football season each school has a bar or bars where their fans go to watch games in Manhattan. Bars will go so far as to get banners made up with slogans such as "The Official HQ of PSU Football". Manhattan is also very neighborhood like believe it or not. People rarely travel outside a 8-10 block radius of where they live. The one exception...college football Saturday and NFL football Sunday. This is the reason NYC doesn't have a "true" college team. We definitely have a presence in NYC though...and if our new AD markets athletics the way Pres Herbst wants ..sky's the limit!

Very enlightening - thanks for hipping me to this.

So it would behoove Mrs. Herbst to hire an AD that understands this dynamic and will work with it to reach our NYC fans - and to find new fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom