Thank you, Alterique! | The Boneyard

Thank you, Alterique!

Reaction Score
From that July 4 he had us all celebrating his commitment to UConn to the way he fought through adversity to his final game as a Husky -- and for all the flashes of what could have been amid all the heartbreaking injuries along the way -- if anyone deserves a sendoff tribute post, it's Alterique Gilbert.

I've said this here before, but AG is exactly the kind of warrior, leader, fighter, teammate and Husky that Dan Hurley is looking for to turn this thing around and our future is going to be much brighter because we had him here in Storrs.

I'll be rooting for two teams next year: UConn and whichever school is lucky enough to have Alterique for one season.

Reaction Score
Did I miss anything? I gather purely on the basis of how DH and the staff is recruiting that he's leaving but again only assumption. Has there been a confirmation?

Good message KT well stated. Surely will be missed more than most believe too, especially the guy who was coming off the bench last in the year.

EDIT - Didn't see the portal until after this. Best of luck AG I will be watching and rooting! Wish he stayed.

Reaction Score
Best of Luck AG, you were dealt a bad hand, Hopefully with the reshuffle, it work better this time around!

Reaction Score
Not sure if they will reach out to him, but Gonzaga is a great fit. Lots of size and good wings, but with Gilder/Woolridge graduating, Ayayi possibly going to the NBA and Suggs potentially skipping college, a traditional PG is a need there.

No matter where he goes, I'll wish him nothing but the best! Also, extra props to him for helping the cause of normalizing the public opinion of mental health awareness.

Reaction Score
I wish Alterique well next season. I hope he finds a situation where he can shine and play big minutes.

I would expect the other roster related shoe to drop soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom