Thank you Alex | The Boneyard

Thank you Alex

Reaction Score
For shutting everyone up that’s been all over you the last couple of games. You may not be our most valuable player but I believe you are our most important player given everything you bring. I never had, nor will have, any doubts that you will be there when we need you.

(And I couldn’t care less that it was against Pine Bluff).

Reaction Score
“You’re gonna have stretches like this, he went through it last year and obviously he found his footing,” Hurley said. “He’s Alex, he’s probably the last guy on the roster I’m worried about right now.”

Listen to Hurley.

Reaction Score
For shutting everyone up that’s been all over you the last couple of games. You may not be our most valuable player but I believe you are our most important player given everything you bring. I never had, nor will have, any doubts that you will be there when we need you.

I haven't seen anyone "all over" him except to say his shooting isn't looking like it normally does. Maybe I have them on ignore.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I'm very curious as to how most valuable and most important are different.

Reaction Score
I'm very curious as to how most valuable and most important are different.
He’s not the guy that’s necessarily gonna get all the stats, but he always plays w high IQ and makes the right play. I believe that makes him our most important player.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
He’s not the guy that’s necessarily gonna get all the stats, but he always plays w high IQ and makes the right play. I believe that makes him our most important player.
I agree there, but how is that not most valuable?

Reaction Score
I haven't seen anyone "all over" him except to say his shooting isn't looking like it normally does. Maybe I have them on ignore.
If you’ve been in the chat room you’d know what I’m talking about

Reaction Score
I recall Jim Calhoun saying that Alex is our most important/ valuable player.

Reaction Score
Have been and my statement is the same. Haven't seen anyone ragging on Alex.
More than one person were getting on him to stop shooting 3s. I guess you were just not paying attention.

He rarely takes a bad shot. He’s taken a couple, but few and far between. He needs to keep shooting them cuz like he showed today, they will start falling. And I guarantee he’s been working his butt off getting shots up in practice.

Reaction Score
He’s been off the previous few games I don’t think there’s any disputing that. Some nights it just won’t drop same thing with TN. I don’t think anyone expected him to shoot 32 percent all year or whatever he was at.

Reaction Score
His shooting before tonight hasn’t been good. It’s ok to expect better from a starter on a national championship team. He’s a big boy. I’m sure he was much harder on himself than any fan could be

Reaction Score
His shooting before tonight hasn’t been good. It’s ok to expect better from a starter on a national championship team. He’s a big boy. I’m sure he was much harder on himself than any fan could be
Which is exactly why I wasn’t worried

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I agree with DH in that AK is the one kid that you throw him out there and you know you will get 100% effort and BB IQ.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom