Thad Matta? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thad Matta?

Reaction Score
I am really tempted right now to just start a million new threads with every available coaches name in the title with a question mark.

Isaiah Thomas?
Matt Doherty?
Lou Carnasecca?

This place is gonna be unbearable for some time. More so.
Regardless of what happens, if Ollie does indeed get fired I hope it's quick. Waiting to hear about Diaco was torture

Reaction Score
I am really tempted right now to just start a million new threads with every available coaches name in the title with a question mark.

Isaiah Thomas?
Matt Doherty?
Lou Carnasecca?

This place is gonna be unbearable for some time. More so.

I actually think it'll be pretty interesting.

The Boneyard has never lived through a real coaching search

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Matta apparently has the inside track at Pitt. His back issue is generally not believed to be a problem in game situations or practices, but it does effect his ability to sit for long periods in spaces like cars and planes, thus limits the number of recruiting trips he takes. Sports radio here has had numerous segments about him this week. It's believed he's already spoken with Pitt's AD.

TJT

Reaction Score
A plus for hiring Matta is there would be no buyout clause. Many current head coaches have buyout clauses if they were to leave. For instance, URI would be owed $1.5 million if Hurley bolted. It can be very expensive paying a big buyout to get rid of a coach and then also on top of that have to pay a buyout to hire his replacement.

Reaction Score
TJ otzelberger is gonna be a stud
Maybe, but I think most schools will want to see what he can do without a superstar like Mike Daum. If you’re going to hire a really green coach, I think I’d go with Nate Oats over Otz at this moment. It wouldn’t shock me if Pitt shows interest in either.

Reaction Score
If what we're hearing is true and Ollie's poor work ethic is what got us into this mess, bringing in someone whose health problems may prevent them from fully committing to the required tasks makes no sense.
Whered you hear about Ollies work ethic?

Reaction Score
Not bad. Solid coach. But isn't he in with of the whole FBI investigation dealing with payouts?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
pls dont hire this gargoyle. i like uconn and dont want to have to hate u guys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom