Thabeet comeback? | The Boneyard

Thabeet comeback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://theuconnhuskies.blogspot.de/2012/10/hasheem-thabeets-fresh-start.html

OKC has nothing to lose with Thabeet and with a thin front court this could be his chance. They are also great at developing talent so this is probably the best situation he could be in. Apparantly the Thunder wanted Thabeet in the draft but ended up taking Harden because Memphis took him 2nd overall. Means they believe in him. If he can start to produce, imagine trying to score around Ibaka and Thabeet.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
He looks great. Really rooting for him. A great kid and I hope he makes his mark starting this season... with Perkins out, he has a great chance...

Reaction Score
i hope he does well but i think he gets released by midseason or sent back to the dleague.:(

Reaction Score
Thabeet has a guaranteed contract over 3 years, so sending him to the D-League or releasing him would not be a smart financial move. Although this didn't deter teams form sending him down in the past.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Thabeet will do well on a team with an exceptional point guard, and that's just where he's landed. I can see him and Westbrook connecting for some impressive plays.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Mrs. Thabeet would predict Hasheem to do well anywhere at this point. He's literally been one of the worst NBA players since he entered the league.

Reaction Score
OKC must remember his game against them a couple of years ago.
He had just come back from D league.
He was playing OKC 5 against 1 . He looked like the Thabeet of old.
The Grizz D including are beloved Rudy Gay were non-existant.
If Thabeet was in an organization that valued D his career might have taken a different Path.
Good Luck to him

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Mrs. Thabeet would predict Hasheem to do well anywhere at this point. He's literally been one of the worst NBA players since he entered the league.

But being a nice kid and ex-Husky who led us to a FF we can hope he sticks now and plays well can't we??:eek:

Reaction Score
Absolutely, and he's in as good an opportunity as there is in the league. He has the talent to be serviceable in the NBA, and I'll be rooting hard for him this season.

Reaction Score
Listen, I get it. He's a former Husky and you pull for the guy. But let's be honest. He's not an NBA caliber player other than being a 7 ft tall human coat rack in the lane. Why, in god's name, would anyone think that he's just missing a good point guard and that playing with Westbrook would be any different than playing with anyone else?

Reaction Score
He hasn't been good on D either, it's a whole different game when you can't park yourself in the lane for an entire defensive possession, he also hasn't shown the ability to play pick and roll, which is pretty much most NBA possessions.

OKC must remember his game against them a couple of years ago.
He had just come back from D league.
He was playing OKC 5 against 1 . He looked like the Thabeet of old.
The Grizz D including are beloved Rudy Gay were non-existant.
If Thabeet was in an organization that valued D his career might have taken a different Path.
Good Luck to him

Reaction Score
Listen, I get it. He's a former Husky and you pull for the guy. But let's be honest. He's not an NBA caliber player other than being a 7 ft tall human coat rack in the lane. Why, in god's name, would anyone think that he's just missing a good point guard and that playing with Westbrook would be any different than playing with anyone else?

Have you seen some of he jamokes who stayed in the NBA for years playing that position? He's NBA caliber just because he's 7'1", can run, block shots and move.........not saying an impact player but a decent backup should be inevitable!!

Reaction Score
I only prey this stop works for Hasheem. If not this may be the last time he ever signs a NBA contract again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom