Texas WBB announces 2019-20 nonconference schedule | The Boneyard

Texas WBB announces 2019-20 nonconference schedule

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Just found this from last Wednesday. (Isn't mid-May a bit earlier than usual for a team to release its schedule?)

Highlights:
  • Nov. 8 (season opener): Texas at South Florida
  • Nov. 17: Arizona at Texas
  • Dec. 8: Texas at Tennessee
  • Dec. 18: Ohio at Texas
  • Dec. 21: Stanford at Texas
I'm guessing the USF, AZ and OH games are the beginning of new home-and-away series. Obviously, the TN and Stanford series are long-running.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It does seem a bit early. I am looking forward to the game in Knoxville.

Plebe

Reaction Score
You know your program isn't doing so great when you lose two years in a row to a team whose coach then gets fired for poor results. That's precisely the situation Texas is in.

Aston needs to figure something out, and fast. She needs Lashann Higgs to come back strong from ACL surgery, Joyner Holmes to finally realize at least some of her immense potential, Charli Collier to make a huge sophomore leap, and Celeste Taylor to be an impact freshman.

Reaction Score
I think Sedona Prince is a potential wildcard. Obviously unproven at the college level, but great size and skills at 6’7”. How well she recovers could be a key.

Reaction Score
You know your program isn't doing so great when you lose two years in a row to a team whose coach then gets fired for poor results. That's precisely the situation Texas is in.

Aston needs to figure something out, and fast. She needs Lashann Higgs to come back strong from ACL surgery, Joyner Holmes to finally realize at least some of her immense potential, Charli Collier to make a huge sophomore leap, and Celeste Taylor to be an impact freshman.
Sigh. W
I think Sedona Prince is a potential wildcard. Obviously unproven at the college level, but great size and skills at 6’7”. How well she recovers could be a key.
I am optimistic about Charlie and Celeste, concerned about recovery timing for Prince and Higgs, and a bit fatigued waiting for Joyner to play with more maturity. I’m resigned to seeing Joyner be great some time during her pro career. I do not want to accept that she may never realize all her talent.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Just found this from last Wednesday. (Isn't mid-May a bit earlier than usual for a team to release its schedule?)

Highlights:
  • Nov. 8 (season opener): Texas at South Florida
  • Nov. 17: Arizona at Texas
  • Dec. 8: Texas at Tennessee
  • Dec. 18: Ohio at Texas
  • Dec. 21: Stanford at Texas
I'm guessing the USF, AZ and OH games are the beginning of new home-and-away series. Obviously, the TN and Stanford series are long-running.

I was going to say, not sure Ohio University is a highlight opponent, seeing as the Bobcats didn't even win the MAC last year but then I saw the other teams on the Non-Conference slate.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I was going to say, not sure Ohio University is a highlight opponent, seeing as the Bobcats didn't even win the MAC last year but then I saw the other teams on the Non-Conference slate.
Ohio was a bubble team last year, just a few spots behind Tennessee. If Tennessee is a highlight opponent, so is Ohio.

Reaction Score

I was told that Karisma Ortiz from Penn St has landed at Texas, but I haven’t seen it posted anywhere. I’m not sure if she will make an impact, but she’s a extra body they will have.

Reaction Score
MSST not on Texas schedule, sure hope Vic replaces them with a quality opponent.

Reaction Score
MSST not on Texas schedule, sure hope Vic replaces them with a quality opponent.
Wasn't that game apart of the SEC/B12 challenge? I don't think he had any choice for that game. However, Vic does need to schedule some quality opponents just in general.

Reaction Score
I was told that Karisma Ortiz from Penn St has landed at Texas, but I haven’t seen it posted anywhere. I’m not sure if she will make an impact, but she’s a extra body they will have.

Yes, Ortiz committed to Texas. She has posted it on her Twitter account. Nothing yet public about whether or not Texas will apply for a waiver from the sit-out requirement. It appears that her case would be similar to Mimi Collins and Evina Westbrook in that Ortiz' coach was fired at the end of the season. I am not sure what to expect from Ortiz, but she has gotten very high praise from her high school coach, Sue Phillips at Archbishop Mitty in California.

Reaction Score
Wasn't that game apart of the SEC/B12 challenge? I don't think he had any choice for that game. However, Vic does need to schedule some quality opponents just in general.
Wonder if the Tennessee game is part of the Big12/SEC challenge or if there’s a TBA in there. I haven’t seen an announcement for this year’s matchups.

Reaction Score
Do not know but if so hope we get Baylor as replacement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom