Texas UConn series extended | The Boneyard

Texas UConn series extended

Reaction Score
Great news. I wonder if there’s a risk for Vic in giving Geno a showcase in-state for his program. May cut into recruiting.

Reaction Score
This is a nice series and I am glad that they are going to continue playing.
I like the idea of this series, too. Though I think last season’s game sparked some resentment among a few of the Texas players. But playing a Vic-coached team presents a good challenge.

Reaction Score
I like the idea of this series, too. Though I think last season’s game sparked some resentment among a few of the Texas players. But playing a Vic-coached team presents a good challenge.

I think some of the Texas team thought that 3 ranking was justified and read ESPN's grim prospects for UConn. Shock can lead to resentment. :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Texas under Vic will always be tough, I think, and bottom line, an excellent OOC game for RPI and experience. While the BE is improving every year, it's still an "afterthought" conference in some ways, so a great slate of OOC games will be a must...

Reaction Score
It was a really fun game last year. Kinda want to rewatch. The energy was great cuz it was one of the first top 5 showdowns in women's college basketball last season. It felt like a measuring stick, like how good can this team be without Paige? Azzi kinda had a coming out party. Texas hung tough. I remember Taylor Jones was kind of a monster inside and Sonya Morris hit some shots. Shaylee Gonzalez kinda had a rough go of it and Rori was hurt. I think Dorka got hurt.... I think Texas ended up not even making the sweet 16 which had to be a huge disappointment for them. I don't know what to expect from them this upcoming season.

Reaction Score
It was a really fun game last year. Kinda want to rewatch. The energy was great cuz it was one of the first top 5 showdowns in women's college basketball last season. It felt like a measuring stick, like how good can this team be without Paige? Azzi kinda had a coming out party. Texas hung tough. I remember Taylor Jones was kind of a monster inside and Sonya Morris hit some shots. Shaylee Gonzalez kinda had a rough go of it and Rori was hurt. I think Dorka got hurt.... I think Texas ended up not even making the sweet 16 which had to be a huge disappointment for them. I don't know what to expect from them this upcoming season.
Me neither. Lots of potential there with the rising sophomores — Mwenentanda and Muhammad — and if Aaliyah Moore can come back from her injury, and they get a full season from Rori, they will be tough.

Reaction Score
Vic is a defensive coach and "rising sophomores" means better defense. I think Vic understands that a veteran UConn team could destroy them if they sleepwalk into the season. Dec. 3 gives him time and I'll never take a Vic-coached team for granted.
It should be interesting to see what sort of crowd shows up to see the "second best" team in the country.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom