Texas to PAC is Good News for Uconn | The Boneyard

Texas to PAC is Good News for Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The ACC was brilliant in going out to get 13 and 14 and leaving the door open to Texas/Texas Tech should that deal happen. This also gives the ACC cushion should the SEC nab FSU, Va Tech, Clemson or others if they expand.

The apparent Texas move the the PAC along with 4 others would be good news for UConn. It leaves all the doors open for what I see as the 3 options.

1) Move to the ACC
2) Move to the B-10
3) the least appealing, coddling together a conference from the left over BE and the leftover B-12.

Patience will be required by all as the Texas et al move to the PAC has to happen first. Then the pecking order of events will happen. The SEC and B-10 will have to make their moves. Will the battle over Missouri? Will they go to16? If they don't go to 16 will the ACC stop at 14.

Stopping at 14 is not what UConn would want to see, but that is the best scenario to throw together a moderately legit conference w/ UConn, Rutty, Louisville, Cincy, USF, TCU, Baylor, Iowa St., Kansas, K State, and adding UCF, Houston or others. I am not including WVU as the ACC move has made the SEC move to grab WVU much easier.

If the ACC and B-10 go to 16 I don't see how UConn could be left out.

Reaction Score
Texas, Texas Tech, OK and OK State going to the Pace 12 (16) is very good for UConn. I think that the news about Texas will kick the rest of this into full gear. The Pac # will be done after this round of additions, the SEC needs either 1 or 3 more teams and the ACC will likely look to get 2 more. Not sure what the Big Ten/12 will do but they will probably look to add at least two more teams as well.

I think ND would be the other major domino to fall. After ND there aren't really too many programs out there that clearly stand out in terms of athletic and academic profile.

Reaction Score
best news we could ask for. we become a much bigger commodity at this point.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Texas going to the Pac with Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State is good for us because I think it at least makes our worse case scenario the Big12 + Big East leftovers. Which isn't great, but compared to being left in the cold by ourselves it's a way better alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom