Texas Tech @ Texas - 1/15/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Another game for me to watch Marlene Stollings post game presser!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The Big 12 is a bit baffling. West Virginia appears to be the clear #2 team, and but then there's a whole host of teams with very inconsistent results. Texas Tech gets blown out at home by Iowa State but then beats TCU in Fort Worth. TCU beats Texas in Austin and then loses at home to Texas Tech. And don't even get me started about Texas' season. I really don't know how to predict this one.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 is a bit baffling. West Virginia appears to be the clear #2 team, and but then there's a whole host of teams with very inconsistent results. Texas Tech gets blown out at home by Iowa State but then beats TCU in Fort Worth. TCU beats Texas in Austin and then loses at home to Texas Tech. And don't even get me started about Texas' season. I really don't know how to predict this one.
My read on the Big 12 is that its just like the Pac-12, except instead of having 6 teams in the top 30, there are 6 teams ranked between 40 and 70. All of those teams will beat up on each other, and 1 or 2 will probably emerge as tournament teams. West Virginia will probably drop a couple from that group as well. There are no truly bad teams, but no one to give Baylor much of a push.

As for this one, I expect Texas to win, but it should be competitive into the 4th quarter.

Plebe

Reaction Score
My read on the Big 12 is that its just like the Pac-12, except instead of having 6 teams in the top 30, there are 6 teams ranked between 40 and 70. All of those teams will beat up on each other, and 1 or 2 will probably emerge as tournament teams. West Virginia will probably drop a couple from that group as well. There are no truly bad teams, but no one to give Baylor much of a push.

As for this one, I expect Texas to win, but it should be competitive into the 4th quarter.
The current Massey ratings certainly bear out this analysis.
1. Baylor
17. West Virginia
41. Oklahoma St
46. TCU
48. Texas
52. Oklahoma
53. Iowa St
67. Kansas
79. Texas Tech
105. Kansas St

That bears all the signs of being a very bubble-heavy conference.

Reaction Score

I can concur in your observation comparing the Pac-12 to the Big 12 in terms of having bunched teams. That seems to be a valid observation.

I would say the contrasts are more significant. Beyond Baylor I don't know that one could argue there's an elite team in the Big 12. Currently I think you could argue there four elite teams in the Pac-12.

As a result of the higher level of competition in the conference of champions I think the results of conference play will be far different than that in the Big 12.

As indicated it is indeed possible the Big 12 may have a number of bubble teams. In contrast the Pac-12 may only have one team on the bubble with a clear selection of the top six teams in the tournament.

Reaction Score
75-48 TEX with 8:14 left
How is Stollings gonna explain this one?

Plebe

Reaction Score
75-48 TEX with 8:14 left
How is Stollings gonna explain this one?
Imma have to tune in to Texas Tech radio to hear her postgame interview :cool:

Plebe

Reaction Score
On the radio broadcast Stollings didn't make excuses. She just said that they allowed Texas to catch and score in the interior way too easily, that their back line defense wasn't anywhere good enough, and that their rebounding performance was just terrible.

Collier and Holmes combined for 40 points and 20 rebounds.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Nice win for Karen and her charges.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
On the radio broadcast Stollings didn't make excuses. She just said that they allowed Texas to catch and score in the interior way too easily, that their back line defense wasn't anywhere good enough, and that their rebounding performance was just terrible.

Collier and Holmes combined for 40 points and 20 rebounds.
(picture Horshack here raising his hand) "Mr. Plebe, where can I find this radio broadcast that you speak of?" (ending with a sly smile)….
1579184748065.png

Reaction Score

Couldn’t find Stollings’ postgame. Visiting teams frequently don’t upload their postgames. Might be an access thing. Some visiting teams produce their own little side postgame videos. But that’s probably a little too extra for Stolllings.

Plebe

Reaction Score
(picture Horshack here raising his hand) "Mr. Plebe, where can I find this radio broadcast that you speak of?" (ending with a sly smile)….
View attachment 49975
The courtside radio interview with Stollings starts around the 2:23:25 mark

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
I am glad the team seemed to have righted the ship of the gaffs that happened earlier this year, but let's not forget this team has oodles of AA talent that have been under-coached and underachieved for 3 years now. To have Karen be 2-2 in a league that is the weakest of the P5 by a lot is kind of sad as well, and that's not having played Baylor yet.

Imagine if the Raegan Pebley had this talent to coach, where would they be (besides being in Ft.Worth, that is :rolleyes:)

I also think our fine colleague @Plebe is messing with me on that link, I click and stuck in a loop of the 15 second advertisement saying it will load but never does.. I am onto your trolling technique Sir and will not fall for it again...:eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom