Texas Tech @ Baylor (2) - 1/25/20 | The Boneyard

Texas Tech @ Baylor (2) - 1/25/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Baylor's defense playing very lazy early. Tech out hustling them to rebounds.

Its almost like the defense completely died since Smith has been out

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Baylor's defense playing very lazy early. Tech out hustling them to rebounds.

Its almost like the defense completely died since Smith has been out

If Baylor’s defense is being lazy, how do you describe one that’s giving up 57.8% from the field?

27-26 BAY end of first

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
Lady Tech on fire from the three.

BU 27-26 end of the first frame.

Reaction Score
If Baylor’s defense is being lazy, how do you describe one that’s giving up 57.8% from the field?

27-26 BAY end of first

Maybe I am being harsh, I just have high expectations for Baylor then.

Tech has some talented players

Mulder

Reaction Score
Former Red Raider Erin D. scored two quick baskets in the low post.
T.O. Tech.

Raiders already made 6 threes.

Reaction Score
Baylor is up to 65.2% shooting now.

I keep hearing about TTU’s great three point shooting, but they only have 2 more threes made in 12 more attempts.

Mulder

Reaction Score
27 of Tech 42 is from the arc.

BU 49-42 at the midway point.

Reaction Score
24 of TTU’s 34 shot attempts are from the three.
That’s what you call living (and most likely dying) by the three.

Mulder

Reaction Score
74-56 end of the 3rd.

The Champs are doing their thing.

Reaction Score
Kim can’t be happy at all with these past two performances. Allowing inferior teams to stick around. Smith is a big piece for Baylor but they should still be handling games like this.

Mulder

Reaction Score
87-79 final.

Lady Tech won the 4th quarter 23-13.
The Bears won the game.

Mulder

Reaction Score
Nice game from Lexi Gordon: 1 two point basket, 4 three pointers, 4 free throws, 5 boards, 18 total points.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Smith is a huge piece. Almost like Cox being out.

Egbo is no slouch either but there definitely seems to be a different chemistry when Smith is not out there. Egbo has gotten some really valuable minutes this year, she rebounds and scores really well. Sometimes I feel she will lose her man defensively but I mean most teams would be lucky as hell to have a player like Egbo to turn to off the bench. She does a lot well. I don't attribute Baylor's defensive effort today to be all because of her, a lot more than that.

Egbo today was 7-10 from the field with 16 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals. Most importantly and a break through, 0 turnovers.

Reaction Score
Kim can’t be happy at all with these past two performances. Allowing inferior teams to stick around. Smith is a big piece for Baylor but they should still be handling games like this.

I thought that was just a UConn thing. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Egbo is no slouch either but there definitely seems to be a different chemistry when Smith is not out there. Egbo has gotten some really valuable minutes this year, she rebounds and scores really well. Sometimes I feel she will lose her man defensively but I mean most teams would be lucky as hell to have a player like Egbo to turn to off the bench. She does a lot well. I don't attribute Baylor's defensive effort today to be all because of her, a lot more than that.

Egbo today was 7-10 from the field with 16 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals. Most importantly and a break through, 0 turnovers.
I agree that the chemistry between Cox and Egbo isn't quite the as with Smith, especially on defense. There have been a number of times the last two games where the defense seemed to be a bit slow in reacting, allowing easy buckets that wouldn't normally happen. Queen also definitely has a tendency to lose her man, especially in transition. I would have to rewatch the tape to be sure, but it feels like Queen is hesitant to go out to the perimeter to defend sometimes. She is athletic enough to do it, but you can't hesitate.

She did have an excellent day offensively. Her positioning has improved and she is good at finishing at the rim. She has shown signs of developing a midrange game, but I'm not sure the confidence is there yet. I don't expect to see much dropoff in post play next year when she starts alongside Smith.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom