Texas, South Carolina, Louisville On The Horizon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Texas, South Carolina, Louisville On The Horizon

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I can give you seven reasons we have, and they don't, that should dissolve your problem.

Can a caveman count to "7" ? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I have to type this quickly, because Geno will be calling soon to ask me what he should do. I'm going to tell him:

1. Rest Lou. She obviously doesn't need the game reps, as she played great in the ND game, and she can play great again Jan 15.
2. Concentrate on getting Pheesa and Z working well together. Develop some of the same pick-and-rolls and other 2 man games that Pheesa and Gabby/Lou have, so that Pheesa feels comfortable with Z there.
3. Keep pushing Z to move more on offense
4. Give Megan and AEH as much playing time as possible
5. Begin working Batouly in
6. Make sure Gabby has the best MD for her migraines
7. Enjoy Kathy's lasagna at Christmas

I'm with you on resting Lou; it's not in her DNA to take it easy, so she is a candidate for a season-ending injury, re-injury. Medicine and shooting drills for Gabby, it worked for Kia. Geno following your advice will advance your assistant coach credentials.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Just to reiterate wbb and donald:

There's one game in the next two weeks. They can rest Lou.

DePaul is a well-coached team. wbbfan1 said they'll need 20+ threes to beat UConn. That can happen; UConn's long suit isn't perimeter defending. OTOH, as was pointed out, they'll have to keep UConn under about 80, and I think that's unlikely.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
If UConn played SC today they’d probably win by 20+.

This is a good team but right now we are relying too much on youth because our guard situation is shot to hell... we’re starting a freshman at two-guard for instance. The good news is that we’re still winning games while playing freshman A LOT..

When SC gets Cuevas-Moore, Spann and presumably Cooper back our guard depth will improve significantly. On roster personnel alone, UConn probably won’t play the same SC team that Notre Dame played. Not saying the team is going to be world beaters, just that the SC team you may have watched recently will likely not be the same team that suits up later in the season.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
There's no game on the horizon this year, including the NC game, for which having KLS in the game and having her significantly re-injure herself would be worth it.

She's just too valuable a player and even a more valuable person for that.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
1. Rest Lou. She obviously doesn't need the game reps, as she played great in the ND game, and she can play great again Jan 15.
No, no, no. Very very bad idea. As long as she is good to go, she absolutely, positively needs to get some game reps in. If only for her own peace of mind. As I said to someone else in another thread, if she is good to go, resting her would be dumb beyond description.

2. Concentrate on getting Pheesa and Z working well together. Develop some of the same pick-and-rolls and other 2 man games that Pheesa and Gabby/Lou have, so that Pheesa feels comfortable with Z there.
3. Keep pushing Z to move more on offense
Good idea, but I'm sure they are working on those.

4. Give Megan and AEH as much playing time as possible
Well Walker anyway. Not sure who else deserves the time yet.

5. Begin working Batouly in
That would be nice. Hopefully she is ready to go soon.

6. Make sure Gabby has the best MD for her migraines
Pretty sure that's taken care of.

7. Enjoy Kathy's lasagna at Christmas
If she makes it, I imagine it's really good.

Reaction Score
R-E-L-A-X!! We got this. Think about each of these teams individually. ND smoked SC. Texas is big, but they were big the last 2 times we annihilated them, and this time we have Z. And Louisville?? C’mon....
ND beat South Carolina by 7 I believe and though they kept a 9 to 10 point margin throughout the 3rd and 4th quarter, The game changed when SC's point guard went out early in the 2nd qtr with two fouls and SC having two of their best guards not available for the game. Up to that point SC was pounding ND, but a lost is a lost. SC has been playing without 3 of the best guards the last two weeks but continue to win impressively, even against ranked teams. I look forward to seeing how they look when they are at full strength which should happen when they return to action in 10 days after finals. I think we will be a worthy opponent, but that is just my opinion.

Reaction Score
ND beat South Carolina by 7 I believe and though they kept a 9 to 10 point margin throughout the 3rd and 4th quarter, The game changed when SC's point guard went out early in the 2nd qtr with two fouls and SC having two of their best guards not available for the game. Up to that point SC was pounding ND, but a lost is a lost. SC has been playing without 3 of the best guards the last two weeks but continue to win impressively, even against ranked teams. I look forward to seeing how they look when they are at full strength which should happen when they return to action in 10 days after finals. I think we will be a worthy opponent, but that is just my opinion.
SC will definitely be a worthy opponent! Geez, you’re the defending national champions. No disrespect at all - I was merely pointing out that the CT sky wasn’t falling (IMO) just because ND gave UConn a good game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom