Texas/recruiting questions...got answers? | The Boneyard

Texas/recruiting questions...got answers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Texas A&M is coming here next week. Do we go there next year? That would be a treat for Moriah.
Hmm....Houston and SMU seem likely Big East teams [all sports]. That would get Moriah back on her home turf on a regular basis....nice!

UConn at Baylor on Sunday Dec. 18. Wonder if Moriah will be courtside? Wonder if her home school/indy team is playing around that date and if one of our coaches might stop by?

The huge Nike event starts in Phoenix on the 19th. I wonder if our team might fly directly to South Carolina on the 19th for our game with College of Charleston on the 21st....they are on Christmas break anyway. Maybe one of the coaches heads west to Arizona to watch a few games at Nike....check in with Morgan and Breanna and wave at any other of our intendeds? Rejoin the team in Charleston after the recruit sighting.

Our Baylor home/home will be over...I think. Do we have another 2 in negotiations?

Let's be looking for Texas super soph Brianna Turner courtside at the UConn/Baylor game.

Reaction Score
Texas A&M is coming here next week. Do we go there next year? That would be a treat for Moriah.
Hmm....Houston and SMU seem likely Big East teams [all sports]. That would get Moriah back on her home turf on a regular basis....nice!

UConn at Baylor on Sunday Dec. 18. Wonder if Moriah will be courtside? Wonder if her home school/indy team is playing around that date and if one of our coaches might stop by?

The huge Nike event starts in Phoenix on the 19th. I wonder if our team might fly directly to South Carolina on the 19th for our game with College of Charleston on the 21st....they are on Christmas break anyway. Maybe one of the coaches heads west to Arizona to watch a few games at Nike....check in with Morgan and Breanna and wave at any other of our intendeds? Rejoin the team in Charleston after the recruit sighting.

Our Baylor home/home will be over...I think. Do we have another 2 in negotiations?

Let's be looking for Texas super soph Brianna Turner courtside at the UConn/Baylor game.

Pap49cba started a thread on that very subject last month. Here is a quote from the link that was provided:
UConn is also working on an extension of its series with Baylor of the Big 12. The Huskies and Bears will wrap up a home-and-home deal on Dec. 18 in Waco, Texas. UConn edged Baylor 65-64 in Hartford a year ago. There is hesitation on Baylor’s end to accept a new contract at this point because ESPN wants the schools to play in January or February in the middle of their respective conference schedules and Baylor is unsure it wants to do that.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Don't understand the reluctance on Baylor's part to play the game if the game is played in January or February. Oklahoma has been playing UConn in the middle of conference play. Playing the game in January/February guarantees the game will be Nationally televised and not be in competition with the NFL or College Football.

The Big East is just as tough as the Big 12 and UConn for a number of years have played elite teams in the middle of Big East play and it has not had a bearing on how they continue play in the Big East.

The only possible negative that I can see in playing the game in Jan/Feb is the losing team's NCAA seeding could be impacted.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Don't understand the reluctance on Baylor's part to play the game if the game is played in January or February. Oklahoma has been playing UConn in the middle of conference play. Playing the game in January/February guarantees the game will be Nationally televised and not be in competition with the NFL or College Football.

The Big East is just as tough as the Big 12 and UConn for a number of years have played elite teams in the middle of Big East play and it has not had a bearing on how they continue play in the Big East.

The only possible negative that I can see in playing the game in Jan/Feb is the losing team's NCAA seeding could be impacted.

Very few teams want to play OOC games during their conference schedules. I listened to an interview with Muffet McGraw about ND's match-up this year with Tenn and she said both ND and Tenn wanted to play the game in December but ESPN convinced them to play in mid-January. Muffet specifically said that she does not like playing OOC games during the conference schedule. Maybe it's the scheduling issues and lack of preparation time that coaches don't like. UConn plays OK, UNC and Duke this year on Monday nights (espn) after Saturday conference games. That's not a lot of preparation time but it mimics what the team will face in the NCAA tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom