Texas QB Garrett Gilbert transferring... | The Boneyard

Texas QB Garrett Gilbert transferring...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's what I don't get. I understand using ratings when you're judging a young man who hasn't played yet. They are wildly inaccurate, and to an extent randon, but they are all you have so people want to use them. I don't understand why anyone would use star ratings to judge a player who got as long and prolonged a chance as he did. He had the reigns at Texas for a full season and he failed miserably. At that point, why would you even mention the rating he had coming out of high school?

Reaction Score
He is going to have a lot of options, why would he chose UConn?

Reaction Score
He is going to have a lot of options, why would he chose UConn?

the ability to start right away? the fact that he has way more talent than any of the kids already on the team?

fraser never played a down for notre dame cause he couldnt play.....with garrett gilbert he just got supplanted by colt mccoy's little brother who was just playing better

from what i've seen from texas fans via message boards and espn, the kid worked his tail off at texas, but just wasn't cutting it. he was replaced by the little brother of an nfl caliber quarterback, who was a legend at texas

come to a situation with less pressure where he can become a legend, and not have to follow in the footsteps of colt mccoy, vince young, etc

Reaction Score
the ability to start right away? the fact that he has way more talent than any of the kids already on the team?

fraser never played a down for notre dame cause he couldnt play.....with garrett gilbert he just got supplanted by colt mccoy's little brother who was just playing better

from what i've seen from texas fans via message boards and espn, the kid worked his tail off at texas, but just wasn't cutting it. he was replaced by the little brother of an nfl caliber quarterback, who was a legend at texas

come to a situation with less pressure where he can become a legend, and not have to follow in the footsteps of colt mccoy, vince young, etc

Or he could go to a school that can compete on the national level and has somewhat decent WRs to throw too.

Frazier was from PA which is somewhat close to CT. Gilbert is from TX, there are 5 other schools in TX alone that offer more for him than UConn does.

Reaction Score
Rumor is he's going to SMU....Sorry

But they may be in the Big East by the end of the week....so maybe he'll swing by the rent in 2 years

Reaction Score
Rumor is he's going to SMU....Sorry

But they may be in the Big East by the end of the week....so maybe he'll swing by the rent in 2 years

SMU hey? I guess money talks. Maybe Burton should give him a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom