Texas Post Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Texas Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Clingan for whatever reason clearly isn't in game shape. Whether he was sick or is still catching up from missing time, it was obvious.

However, if you told me Samson Johnson would contribute like this before the season started id have called you crazy. With a healthy Castle and everyone playing at their potential there is no team better in college basketball.

Much like last year you can blink and we have a double digit lead.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Karaban is a machine man. He’s money when he has an open look and he showed an ability to hit some tough mid ranges at the end of the shot clock today. Love how his game is continuing to grow.

Diarra made some great decisions with the ball today to go along with his aggressive defense. Showed out today.

Took a lot of balls by Hurley to go with Samson over Clingan at the end but it was the right call. There was a lot of worries about how he’d fair defensively against competition. Think he quieted those worries today. Some guys just need time to get adjusted. He’s a special athlete.

Spencer was a great pickup. He’s probably a better all around player than Hawkins. Can do so many things on the court.

On Ball, he’s nervous out there right now. You can see in the way he’s constantly deferring. Anytime he touches the ball he immediately looks for an older guy to get the ball too. When you play like that guys are going to stop getting you the ball which is what happened the 2nd half. He has to look to attack more.

Stewart didn’t show much today. Might have to see what Ross can bring at least defensively moving forward if Stewart can’t give us much offensively.

This team is legitimately a better overall team than last year and that’s scary.

Reaction Score
If you watched the game you could see clingan coughing. I’m pretty sure he’s sick
Clingan did call for an inhaler while on the bench in the first half. The TV showed that.

caw

Reaction Score
This team is legitimately a better overall team than last year and that’s scary.

I would say it has more well rounded players with fewer holes. Perhaps not as fear inducing though.

Reaction Score
-Man, Samson just emphatically shut so many skeptic and naysayers mouths tonight. When he starts REALLY getting comfortable on offense, it’s gonna be fun. I’m most impressed by his defense. That’s all we need from him, the rest is almost not fair.

-Ditto for Diarra. Best game as a Husky. Love that he showed out in MSG!

-Karaban is a cold blooded killer.

-Newton got a horrible whistle tonight but still facilitated well (8ast) and kept his cool

-Clingan was gassed. Think he had a cold or something plus still getting back his conditioning. Had a nice PnR move and is showing some flashes. Not worried at this point.

-Ball made more progress. Going to be a great bench piece when Castle gets back. Teams are not gonna be thrilled seeing him (plus Samson & Diarra) rotating in.

-Spencer with a solid game.

Gang, it’s starting to get real real fun…

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
With all that being said, I’ve seen enough.
IMG_3491.jpeg

Reaction Score
Impressive win against a very good team. 18 assists vs 6 TOs (on the 2nd day of a back-to-back no less) is the key stat that stood out for me. This shows me this team knows how to execute and is fundamentally sound. Slightly below average shooting night, struggled from 3. But, outrebounded Texas and made free throws!

What's up with DC?? He needs to pick it up if he wants to be a Lottery Pick.

Top 3 ranking next week!

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I would say it has more well rounded players with fewer holes. Perhaps not as fear inducing though.
No one strikes fear into teams like Hawkins and Sanogo yet I agree. Hoping Castle can be that when he comes back.

But yeah it’s so much more well rounded. Everyone can shoot, take it to the rim, and pass. The offense looks so good and hard to guard.

Reaction Score
Clingan has been a disappointment as others have said: he looks slow, unathletic, and having difficulty rebounding butterfingers on plays against smaller players. He had no impact on the game. For a guy that's projected to be a lottery pick, he is not looking the part. The team looks better with Samson in at center. Clingan needs to play way better.

Samson Johnson was great and is showing that he is one of our better players. Karaban and Johnson were the reasons we won this game.

Texas's team athleticism/speed affected us a bit.

Reaction Score
I thought he barely played because I don't remember seeing him out there. But apparently he played 10 minutes in the 2nd half
He played until he threw an ill advised alley oop when they were up 14

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Clingan for whatever reason clearly isn't in game shape. Whether he was sick or is still catching up from missing time, it was obvious.

I too am curious if Clingan had some sort of undisclosed injury which kept him out of practice for a month leading up to the start of the season.
/s
YHGTBSM.

Reaction Score
Seems a couple of players really stepped up - ones that fans have been critical of at times (Johnson and Diarra). Really great to see I think. Texas battles back in the 2nd half but UCONN (Spencer) was clutch with FT's to ice it. Strong game without Castle. And Karaban - wow...

BTW Johnson with all around better numbers than Clingan - even more blocks. Not trying to infer anything - just great to see such a solid performance from the backup center...
Don’t be surprised about Johnson, he was a starter early last season, until he got injured.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom