Texas Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Texas Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
How little did Ball play in the second half?

Hurley rode Diarra on defense and despite 0/3 from 3 it worked out. Thank god Karaban is an ice cold killer
I thought he barely played because I don't remember seeing him out there. But apparently he played 10 minutes in the 2nd half

Orc

Reaction Score
Not worried about Clingan not scoring. Our guards are elite that we don’t need him to score double digits each game to win.

Reaction Score
I thought he barely played because I don't remember seeing him out there. But apparently he played 10 minutes in the 2nd half
I too was pretty shocked that he played 28 total minutes tonight. Very quiet for a long stretch.

Reaction Score
i have been a hass skeptic at various points this season (and last) but he was incredible tonight. seemed to take the matchup with abmas personally.

and karaban is just my favorite player on the team. he and samson were electric tonight.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Winning ugly?

That was beautiful.

Big win against a relentless high level athletic team.

I said it in the chat, Senior Testiculo needs to mail his balls to AK.

The pick and roll between AK and Clingan in the second half was the best Clingan has looked this year. Nothing mechanical, he moved smoothly.

Teams like this are ideal games for Diarra and Johnson.

When Castle comes back, minutes for Stewart and Ross will be sparse. Ball, Johnson, Diarra are the core bench players.

Ball was great in first half and then the moment caught up to him. No worries. He can play.

Texas seems like they are a fun team to watch and root for.

Reaction Score
Could be any player on any given night.

What a game by Johnson. This was his coming out.
Diarra a great all around game and another study night from Spencer.

Karaban agains proves how valuable he is. Hitting the first half 3 from Yonkers, his Larry Bird esque turn around baseline jumper as the shot clock expired then his other shot clock beater by the wing.

The team stayed tough when a good Texas team kept fighting back and showed their maturity till the end.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
We don’t have a big to play through this year. We were spoiled with Sanogo. That said, we don’t need one. We have a perimeter of weapons. Let Clingan clean up and Johnson run the floor.

Reaction Score
I think that was mostly first half. He was looking pretty good to me, maybe missed something defensive assignments during their initial second half run and got pulled for Diarra who definitely came up big on D as always
That was just the 2nd half, 28 minutes for the full game

Reaction Score
It’ll be interesting to see how these games impact Clingans draft stock in the short term. Regardless of how well Samson was going to play this year I felt we were fortunate that he didn’t transfer. Lots of players in his position and with his prospect ranking would have bolted. Says something about his trust in Hurley and his own character, He’s definitely earning his minutes.

Reaction Score
Game balls to Johnson and Karaban.

Johnson simply played fundamental basketball with a lot of energy. Glad to see a breakout game, a real confidence building game.

Karaban was a killer today. Whenever we needed points, he supplied them and with flair, several last second shots went down.

At the start of the second half Hurley should have left Clingan on the bench and eased him into the game.

Johnson was having a good game and I think the flow of the game was disrupted. Just my two cents. You have to go with the hot hand IMO

Spencer couldn't buy a shot today when it mattered.

My only complaint, if you want to call it one, was when Spencer was driving to the hoop, Johnson was out of position and Spencer should have kicked it back to reset and he continued to drive with no result.

Newton and Diarra were gritty at times fighting for shots.

Texas came back with solid shooting on the perimeter, but they couldn't get any stops defensively.

Good game, nice to get some more hardware for the trophy case

Reaction Score
Karaban showed up big. And always when needed. Cam played well. Diarra played well. Sampson played well. They were all needed. Tristen off but still contributed. Clngan off. Tough match-up defensively for him. Ball showed some promise.

Reaction Score
Empire Classic Champions!! Let's go UConn!! Credit to Texas, they played really tough perimeter defense and made a lot of tough shots. They win that game against most other teams, and they'll crush guys when they get healthy. This win will age very well for us

How about Alex Karaban!? Clutch play after clutch play. He's a sophomore that plays like a senior. Cold blooded

Diarra and Samson played the games of their lives. They deserved every minute. Fantastic fantastic games from both of them

Felt like we should have been up 20 after the first half but we made some bad plays including missing a few open threes and getting flustered by their zone. I'm sure our gameplan wanted them to take tough twos, but it felt like they made a hell of a lot of them and we struggled staying ahead of their ball screens

Solo was quiet after a hot start, but man that hot start was great. Two putback dunks and a rhythm three. As always, these reps are VERY important for his development and I think he's doing a great job considering he was thrown into the fire as a starter

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom