Texas Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Texas Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The girls put on a passing clinic tonight! I just love the overall team effort in this game. Just goes back to Dean Smith and his quote "Basketball is a beautiful game when the five players on the court play with one heartbeat." Our girls (UConn) plays with that mind set.

Reaction Score
I feel the refs have some problems. Otherwise UConn will win by 30.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
With Atkins McCarty and Higgs, thx has some very good guards

And that's soph, soph, and freshman right there. Adding 2 blue-chip recruits next year.

Next year should be a breakout season for Atkins. Her ankle injury held her back for roughly an entire calendar year.

Reaction Score
And that's soph, soph, and freshman right there. Adding 2 blue-chip recruits next year.

Next year should be a breakout season for Atkins. Her ankle injury held her back for roughly an entire calendar year.
And we play them in Texas next year, wouldn't be surprised to lose that one. Texas is going to be really good next year. Karen Aston doing big things there.

Reaction Score

Agree, they will be formidable next year.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised it wasn't an easy blowout game. Traditionally this game to get to the final 4 is a tough challenge. The kids are often tighter in this one than at the final 4 itself. Nice contributions from the entire team to get over the hump.

BACK TO THE FINAL FOUR! GO HUSKIES!!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised it wasn't an easy blowout game. Traditionally this game to get to the final 4 is a tough challenge. The kids are often tighter in this one than at the final 4 itself. Nice contributions from the entire team to get over the hump.

We are spoiled. 20 or more really is a blow out against a good team. Sometimes it just doesn't happen in the first four minutes.

Reaction Score

Not to mention Texas was humiliated last year. Any competitor would take it personally to not let that happen again.

Reaction Score

Geno did say that this game is the one he thinks is the toughest in the tournament - that last game to get into the final four.

Reaction Score
UConn great job.
But I have to say, I was impressed with Texas.
Their future is very bright next year. With Atkins and McCarty and Higgs returning.Along with the incoming player's J.Holmes and A.Sutton and J.Underwood and the 6'3 Twins from Canada

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
We are spoiled. 20 or more really is a blow out against a good team. Sometimes it just doesn't happen in the first four minutes.

No it isn't /wasn't. Just because the final score is 20 or more it isn't a blowout

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Kara Wolters as a freshman put up like 20 + against a very athletic eventual Champion UNC.
true, true. I'll admit, I'm thinking more of body type and movement - I honestly don't know if Kara was that much more advanced, given the numbers that Nat put up her freshman year in the Big East, or if UConn wasn't as deep in the front court, so Kara was relied upon more heavily. Basically, I don't know how much of the gap in performance and playing time is ability and how much was necessity.

Reaction Score
funny moment in press conference where Geno punching his finger on the table at the stats sheet while Stewie goes by
She seemed to try to say something back to him,and he just kept punching his finger.

I wish I knew what it was ....
:)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Did they announce regional all-tourney team?

Reaction Score
Just got home from the game. What a great crowd and atmosphere tonight! Was it as loud on TV?

I felt we were playing tight. TX was very good in person. I never had a doubt we'd win, but in the second quarter I as wondering if we'd guard the 3. Great halftime adjustments by the coaching staff and spectacular play by the seniors - especially Tuck.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
I'm gonna guess it was the 5 TOs
I'm just watching it now. Yeah, if you turn the sound up as they're sitting down, you can see Stewie mouth the words "oh my God," and then she says to Morgan, "Five turnovers!" To which Geno quips, "Yeah, and they didn't count a couple of them. Yeah. Trying to get a triple-double, throwing the ball to the other team the last five minutes…"

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Then later, as Stewie is leaving and Geno is tapping the stat sheet, Stewie says, "At least it was 1 to 1. It could have been worse. It could have been worse." She had 5 assists along with the 5 turnovers, so that explains that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom