Texas and Duke | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Texas and Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They have lost early recently, but they have a title in 2010 and an E8 in 2012...so it's not all been bad. And he has 4 titles and many many Final Fours, so his teams have survived better than most coaches out there.
Maybe I exaggerated a bit… Let me re-phrase…

When UCONN punches them in the face, they fold, just like a common bully ;)

Reaction Score
I think the overeaction came from the OP identifying "point differential" as some key stat after 1 game. Then adding if Boat doesn't go off." It's just this type of "we're doomed" mentaility that cracks me up. IF IF IF. Sure you say "they (UCONN) will have their work cut out for them." Sure but it's not science to suggest "we'll have our work cut out for us" vs any top ten teams - when don't you have your work cut out for you vs such high level teams? Anyhow, they will have manyy games this year "they will have their work cut out for them" I get it- You (ie. The OP) don't want to see them play a top team this early as they aren't playing their best. Yet we were playing real good before we faced L-ville last year, weren't we? But to use "pt differential" and then state we were fortunate to win because our best player - among the best guards in the country-- went off vs Bryant is just too over-the-top.

I agree we need to play better - but please let's not overstate this by then sugessting we were fortunate a guy like Boat went off vs Bryant. You talk about a stacked deck broiled in negativity - you got it with that 1st post.

This is a very difficult post to comprehend but I still think you're overreacting. I think you're reading a hell of a lot into that post that wasn't there.

Incidentally, I can't make any sense whatsoever out of what you're trying to say about point differential. What in the world does this sentence mean: "But to use "pt differential" and then state we were fortunate to win because our best player - among the best guards in the country-- went off vs Bryant is just too over-the-top."

caw

Reaction Score
Maybe I exaggerated a bit… Let me re-phrase…

When UCONN punches them in the face, they fold, just like a common bully ;)

To be accurate, when UConn doesn't literally punch them in the face they fold. I think they won the one where they actually got punched in the face.

Reaction Score
To be accurate, when UConn doesn't literally punch them in the face they fold. I think they won the one where they actually got punched in the face.
Sellers was just trying to get up & Laettner placed his own head between Rod's hand & the floor. Just an honest mistake on Laettner's part.

Reaction Score
This is a very difficult post to comprehend but I still think you're overreacting. I think you're reading a hell of a lot into that post that wasn't there.

Incidentally, I can't make any sense whatsoever out of what you're trying to say about point differential. What in the world does this sentence mean: "But to use "pt differential" and then state we were fortunate to win because our best player - among the best guards in the country-- went off vs Bryant is just too over-the-top."

IMO I don't believe you really believe my post was that diffcicult to comprehend. ANd if it was- then don't take offense to this- you should have no clue telling me "I'm overreacting" if youcan't comprehend what I'm saying. So which is it? Anyways, don't take offense to this- but your post reminds me of politicians that uses words and feign surprise when the comments are the words they use are used against them. It wasn't YOU that made the 1st comment - but your defendnng the 1st post pretedending things aren;t there - I don't buy for a second. Like a politician he or she didn't make the "pt differential comment" and the Boat comment by accident. We can agree to disagree. Just because it doesnt bother you doesn't mean it can't annoy or make me laugh a little. In this case more laugh. He or she could be right - we could get blown out so the OP suggestion of playing later could be the right course. - But we could win too.

Incidentally, did you read his 1st post? Let me copy portions of teh OP's 1st post:

Texas winning games by 35 and Duke by 50

You can't understand that this is "pt differential?"

And what he says here:

and unless Boat goes off we may have lost to Bryant

You mean you can't understand what the below statement means in reply to "and unless Boat goes off we may have lost to Bryant"

and then state we were fortunate to win because our best player - among the best guards in the country-- went off vs Bryant

caw

Reaction Score
Sellers was just trying to get up & Laettner placed his own head between Rod's hand & the floor. Just an honest mistake on Laettner's part.

Or a nefarious one by Laettner.

Reaction Score
IMO I don't believe you really believe my post was that diffcicult to comprehend. ANd if it was- then don't take offense to this- you should have no clue telling me "I'm overreacting" if youcan't comprehend what I'm saying. So which is it? Anyways, don't take offense to this- but your post reminds me of politicians that uses words and feign surprise when the comments are the words they use are used against them. It wasn't YOU that made the 1st comment - but your defendnng the 1st post pretedending things aren;t there - I don't buy for a second. Like a politician he or she didn't make the "pt differential comment" and the Boat comment by accident. We can agree to disagree. Just because it doesnt bother you doesn't mean it can't annoy or make me laugh a little. In this case more laugh. He or she could be right - we could get blown out so the OP suggestion of playing later could be the right course. - But we could win too.

Incidentally, did you read his 1st post? Let me copy portions of teh OP's 1st post:

Texas winning games by 35 and Duke by 50

You can't understand that this is "pt differential?"

And what he says here:

and unless Boat goes off we may have lost to Bryant

You mean you can't understand what the below statement means in reply to "and unless Boat goes off we may have lost to Bryant"

and then state we were fortunate to win because our best player - among the best guards in the country-- went off vs Bryant

Good lord you need an editor with the quickness. Honestly, I've never seen someone say absolutely nothing and take so long to say it.

I am well aware what the term "point differential" means but I still have absolutely no idea what you're objecting to and I'm not really sure you do either.

UConn was much, much closer to losing to Bryant than Duke or Texas was to losing their games. It's not illegitimate to say that without a big game from Boatright they lose that game. That seems to be what you're going crazy about but I'm not sure why (and, again, I'm not sure you know either.)

You can save yourself another multi-paragraph response that says nothing because I won't read it.

Reaction Score
Texas winning games by 35 and Duke by 50 and unless Boat goes off we may have lost to Bryant. We had to take these games when they were available but I would have preferred to see one in Jan and one in Feb. KO has his work cut out.

Hate to break it to you but that means absolutely nothing!

Reaction Score
Good lord you need an editor with the quickness. Honestly, I've never seen someone say absolutely nothing and take so long to say it.

I am well aware what the term "point differential" means but I still have absolutely no idea what you're objecting to and I'm not really sure you do either.

UConn was much, much closer to losing to Bryant than Duke or Texas was to losing their games. It's not illegitimate to say that without a big game from Boatright they lose that game. That seems to be what you're going crazy about but I'm not sure why (and, again, I'm not sure you know either.)

You can save yourself another multi-paragraph response that says nothing because I won't read it.

All you're doing here is babbling with nonsense. First you don't understand what point differential menas then you do. Translation from your posts: "I don't want to hear anything other than the nonsense I spout."

Your prior comments of "UCONN will have their work cut for them" and "They won by less from Bryant than Texas or Duke" is so enlightening and your point of "point differential" means so much - it' such a joy to read such insightful analysis. I'm on the edge of my seat for such astute commentary.

Hey here is one for you - The 91-92 Bulls going into the playoffs the main storyline leading into the playoffs was "They really have their work cut for them." And secondly when they beat the Knicks in 7, we can read such great insight from people like you that would say "that "The Bulls were fortunate to beat the Knciks in 7 and win the title- they needed Jordan to bail them out. "

Please continue with your astute observations. I eagerly await such keen observations in the future.

I'm crushed I'll miss your insight going foward. UCONN is going to play a top ten team and "our work is really cut out for us."

Reaction Score
Yep, Texas and Duke looked good. I'm excited we get a shot at them early. We'll learn a lot about our bigs' ability to step it up. It should be interesting to see.

Syracuse, on the other hand, will probably look good through January. We will once again have to just accept and be patient about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom