Texas AD Steve Patterson Wants A P5 Split | The Boneyard

Texas AD Steve Patterson Wants A P5 Split

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The comments by the Texas AD and the Boise State coach just lay it out as it is. They are simply saying what parties from both parties really think. The reality is that there is no parity between football programs. The separation will happen, and soon. The questions are: 1)Where is the fault line? and: 2) Which teams are going to be on which side of the line as well as which conference? This separation scenario will be particulary interesting for UConn, UCF, Cincy Etc. and possibly some "weak sisters"in Big 5 conferences. Bigger won't be better and in the needs for all schools.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I want a split too! I just want to be on the right side of the divide.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
This whole splitting thing is starting to have an Atlantean feel about it. Like the Atlanteans, the P5 is toying with forces beyond their reckoning at their peril. After the big split I expect a tempest in which the P5 sinks below the waves never to be seen again.

Reaction Score
If there is a true split it will effect lots of programs like Army & Navy football, Johns Hopkins lacrosse, BU Ice Hockey, and obviously basketball at schools such UConn, GTown, Villanova. Definitely see the politicians getting involved.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The calvary is not coming.

What are politicians gonna do? Jump in now and preserve the status quo? That's a surefire slow death for us - so, no thank you.

But they don't care, so there is no sense worrying about it.

I don't know if a split is any worse than what we have.

Reaction Score
The calvary is not coming.

What are politicians gonna do? Jump in now and preserve the status quo? That's a surefire slow death for us - so, no thank you.

But they don't care, so there is no sense worrying about it.

I don't know if a split is any worse than what we have.

UConn will be in the P5. Just a matter of when and where.

Knowing Uconns luck they will recieve their P5 invite just in time for the politicians to get involved and blow the whole system up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom