Texas A&M vs. Oregon St. | The Boneyard

Texas A&M vs. Oregon St.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Not a good start for OSU, they can't get a stop. 18-9 A&M at the first media TO, Carter looking to complete a 4 point play after the break.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
24-14 after Q1. OSU would have to try hard to play any worse. Carter might be outscoring them by herself so far.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
24-14 after Q1. OSU would have to try hard to play any worse. Carter might be outscoring them by herself so far.
Carter had 13 in 1Q. OSU better find its defense.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
2 more buckets for Carter to start Q2. I'm out, not watching this crap.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
2 more buckets for Carter to start Q2. I'm out, not watching this crap.
Come on! I stayed up to watch this, let's play analysts on the broadcast. A&M is 58% and 3-3 on 3 pters that is not sustainable

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
OSU was struggling but battled back to make it only a 10 pt deficit at the half 42-32. Carter has been playing pretty well 24 Pts. 9-17 and 3-6 but she does have two fouls and the Aggie offense struggled with her on the bench.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Ok, so what is up with Carter and the sleeve she wears on her right arm and the leg sleeve on her left...Pippy Longstocking? Seriously why?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just checked score 69-68 TAMU. 23 seconds left. ORST fought back apparently but
Mikayla Pivec missed 2 Free Throws which would have given them the lead. (1-6 on FT's) Ouch.

Well TAMU made their FT's down the stretch. win 76-70 but Carter had fouled out late in game.

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm glad I quit watching. Battled back just to give it away w/ missed FTs and then failure to secure the rebound on a missed FT by A&M. Maybe if they had showed up in the 1st quarter and hadn't had to dig out of a hole they would've been okay. I think OSU still has some things to figure out on what their identity is and what roles players have on the team.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
SEkWapdprg-10.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ok, so what is up with Carter and the sleeve she wears on her right arm and the leg sleeve on her left...Pippy Longstocking? Seriously why?

Alot of players wear those sleeves. I was thinking of buying one myself to wear to the gym. Wish they had them around back in the day when I used to play sports.

Plebe

Reaction Score
After this loss, the only undefeated Pac-12 teams are Cal, Utah and USC, none of whom have played anyone particularly good.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Slocum played 21 minutes and had a stat line of 7/3/2. What happened?

Neither team had more than 12 assists.

Reaction Score
Slocum played 21 minutes and had a stat line of 7/3/2. What happened?

Slocum really didn’t show up. Wasn’t scoring well. Outplayed to an extent by her backup.
BTW replay is on Oregon State’s WBB Facebook

Reaction Score
I watched the OSU men lose to Texas A&M last night. OSU men gave that game away last night. Well, as disappointed I am that the OSU WBB lost last night, I know these kids will grow from it. Feel terrible for Mikayla Pivec. She has a Charles Barkley thing going on with her free throw shooting. Major mental block. From the stat sheet, that looked to be the difference in the game.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Alot of players wear those sleeves. I was thinking of buying one myself to wear to the gym. Wish they had them around back in the day when I used to play sports.
Thanks but that’s doesn’t really tell me why or the reason for only one on an arm and one on the opposite leg. Color me a cynic but on this player, it appears more “style than substance”.
I watched the complete games and Chennedy was hot in the first half and also foul prone, which led to her fouling out and almost costing her team. Her teammates hit some clutch free throws to seal it, while the Beavers could not.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I watched the OSU men lose to Texas A&M last night. OSU men gave that game away last night. Well, as disappointed I am that the OSU WBB lost last night, I know these kids will grow from it. Feel terrible for Mikayla Pivec. She has a Charles Barkley thing going on with her free throw shooting. Major mental block. From the stat sheet, that looked to be the difference in the game.
That was the thing that jumped off the stat sheet to me: 1 of 6 from the free throw line. YIKES. And IIRC she was 1 of 4 against Notre Dame.

I'm also very concerned about Slocum. Is she not gelling well in Rueck's system, or with her teammates? The matchup between her and Carter should have been fireworks — the two NFOYs of the past two years. But only one of them had a good game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I'm also very concerned about Slocum. Is she not gelling well in Rueck's system, or with her teammates?

I'm a little concerned about that as well. Part of the problem is they've played so many bad teams, Rueck has played the bench a ton of minutes and has experimented with just about every combination of players possible. I don't think they know what their rotation is yet. Starters have gotten limited minutes. Slocum has been productive in most games but it seems like she's not quite finding the balance between play making and taking over and scoring so far. In Friday's game I thought she got frustrated in the first half when the offense wasn't clicking and went into a bit of hero ball mode.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

That's as much of a key as the poor FT shooting in my mind. OSU usually has too many turnovers, but they usually have a bunch of assists. Ball movement (and hitting shots of course) is usually a strength for them. Wasn't happening this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom