Texas A&M vs Notre Dame - 3/24/18 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Texas A&M vs Notre Dame - 3/24/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Muffet has adopted a soft defense shoot out to survive with a short(er than short bench). Hate to say it but she deserves Coach of the Year. I'll still make fun of her though.

Reaction Score
Muffet has adopted a soft defense shoot out to survive with a short(er than short bench). Hate to say it but she deserves Coach of the Year. I'll still make fun of her though.
Oh yeah Muffet should get coach of the year for sure. They were on the verge of getting blown out in this game.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
ND hasnt been winning pretty, but they've been winning. But it doesn't bode well for a potential game against Oregon.

ND was horrible on D in the 1st half against both Villanova and A&M. Not going to cut it against Oregon, I fear.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
ND was horrible on ND in the 1st half against both Villanova and A&M. Not going to cut it against Oregon, I fear.

I'm good with that. Tired of playing you guys. Wanna see Ionescu

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Westbeld seems to have had a lot of minutes with no problems. Notre Dame is hard to beat when Mabrey is hitting her shots. Young was pretty impressive at the end.
Howard and Carter brought the Aggies a lot farther than many fans expected.

Reaction Score
There is no way these refs are ever calling an offensive foul on Carter. Absolutely none.

Just think, 3 more years of this. By her senior year, she'll be like Aja. :D

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
No D against no D.

That about sums up Oregon v Notre Dame. Both teams are capable of putting up a lot of points but don't offer much resistance on defense. It may come down to which team feels less pressure.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
That about sums up Oregon v Notre Dame. Both teams are capable of putting up a lot of points but don't offer much resistance on defense. It may come down to which team feels less pressure.

I don't think this is quite accurate. Oregon's defense is a work in progress, to put it mildly, but, during the Pac 12 and NCAA Tournaments, I believe that they've held all of their opponents below their season scoring averages. Here are the totals: 47 (Colorado), 62 (UCLA), 57 (Stanford), 45 (Seattle), 73 (Minnesota), and 69 (Central Michigan). Not all of these teams are world beaters, but several are very good, and both Minnesota and Central Michigan are among the highest scoring Division 1 teams this year. Additionally, an A&M team that scored 84 against Notre Dame yesterday failed to break 70 in two games against Oregon this year--one at home in College Station and one on a neutral court. All of this could be a fluke, I suppose, and I'm not claiming that Oregon defends like Mississippi State, let alone UCONN, but they seem to be doing better recently than a lot of folks have noticed.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I don't think this is quite accurate. Oregon's defense is a work in progress, to put it mildly, but, during the Pac 12 and NCAA Tournaments, I believe that they've held all of their opponents below their season scoring averages. Here are the totals: 47 (Colorado), 62 (UCLA), 57 (Stanford), 45 (Seattle), 73 (Minnesota), and 69 (Central Michigan). Not all of these teams are world beaters, but several are very good, and both Minnesota and Central Michigan are among the highest scoring Division 1 teams this year. Additionally, an A&M team that scored 84 against Notre Dame yesterday failed to break 70 in two games against Oregon this year--one at home in College Station and one on a neutral court. All of this could be a fluke, I suppose, and I'm not claiming that Oregon defends like Mississippi State, let alone UCONN, but they seem to be doing better recently than a lot of folks have noticed.

I hope you're right. I saw Minnesota miss a ton of open shots. ND won't miss unless they're feeling the pressure which sometimes happens to ND at this stage of the tournament. This year's ND team seems different in that regard, maybe because of the injury adversity they've faced.

The good news is Oregon should be able to score against ND.

Reaction Score
I hope you're right. I saw Minnesota miss a ton of open shots. ND won't miss unless they're feeling the pressure which sometimes happens to ND at this stage of the tournament. This year's ND team seems different in that regard, maybe because of the injury adversity they've faced.

The good news is Oregon should be able to score against ND.

Unlike some teams like Baylor, ND plays a strong OOC schedule including U Conn and is used to playing in pressure situations. Not crazy about some of Muffett's antics over the years but she has done a great job this year at ND with all the injuries and is a more than deserving of being voted coach of the year .

Reaction Score
No judgment but Howard's pre-game make-up regimen must be exhausting. I've never seen a basketball player wearing more makeup.

I believe she was inspired by Jackie Joyner's regimen.

Jackie Joyner? Do you mean Flo-Jo?

Howard I believe was originally in track. Was it Flo-Jo who competed w/full make up and nails?
Flo Jo
upload_2018-3-25_11-52-35.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom