Texas A&M vs Mississippi St - 3/03/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Texas A&M vs Mississippi St - 3/03/18

Who will win this game?

• Texas A&M

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Miss.St schedule leaves a little to be desired also, although no one wants to say it. Oregon in December ( way before they started playing well. )Tenn,. Georgia, and Missouri only teams of consequence. I think Miss.St. is smaller than last season, and not as deep. Schaefer likes to hang out at the 3pt, line, McCowan is big, but not very mobil. Vivians has to score ALOT against any really good team.

Reaction Score
I guess Blair is going with what got him there.

Reaction Score
I am really old school. We would call #3 a gunner.
You can play this gunner style in college but not in WNBA. Plum is an example.

Reaction Score
Yes. Miss. State only played two top 10 teams, Tenn and SC so far.
plus Oregon

And they went unbeaten in the conference that will likely get 5 teams in the top 16.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Vivians is closing out this game in the 3rd quarter. 50-37, State, 3:00 left.

Reaction Score
MSU much better coached. TAM rushing shots, no looking for assist opportunities, and either can’t or disinclined to stop the ball on defense.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I just wonder why A&M doesn't get their center involved on offense, down low. McCowan allegedly is prone to fouling.

Reaction Score
For some unknown reason, I just don't like watching Chennedy Carter play. I must admit that she is good, just don't like the way she plays. Also, I have only seen her 3 or 4 times, so maybe she grows on people...
Watching the TX AM Miss St game and man you called it

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Miss.St schedule leaves a little to be desired also, although no one wants to say it. Oregon in December ( way before they started playing well. )Tenn,. Georgia, and Missouri only teams of consequence. I think Miss.St. is smaller than last season, and not as deep. Schaefer likes to hang out at the 3pt, line, McCowan is big, but not very mobil. Vivians has to score ALOT against any really good team.

Oregon was good back then, I wouldn’t discredit that win at all. Mississippi State still has good size and can go 7-8 deep. They avoid foul trouble and everyone plays their role well. Schaefer plays pretty much the same role for Mississippi State that Nurse does for UCONN, McCowan is a monster inside and an outstanding rebounder, and Vivians plays a similar role to KLS. Roshunda Johnson is also a great shooter and creator off the dribble, Morgan William is capable of scoring on her own. I think they’re by far the most complete team on both ends that could potentially face UCONN.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

I don't think it's any secret. That's why Mississippi State is a clear #2 despite the undefeated record and there's not even an argument about it.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Meanwhile Ohio State and Minnesota are playing video game offense and matador defense against each other. An Ohio State loss and a Maryland win in the conference tourney could make Tennessee a 4 seed in Albany. It may still happen.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I don't think it's any secret. That's why Mississippi State is a clear #2 despite the undefeated record and there's not even an argument about it.
I am guessing that you mean #2 ranking and not a seed. Whew, I was smh cause I initially thought it meant a seeding.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
MSU much better coached. TAM rushing shots, no looking for assist opportunities, and either can’t or disinclined to stop the ball on defense.

Both teams have great coaches. The clear difference in their teams this year is that one coach is starting 4 very experienced senior guards and one is starting a very talented freshman at the point.

Last edited:

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Oregon was good back then, I wouldn’t discredit that win at all. Mississippi State still has good size and can go 7-8 deep. They avoid foul trouble and everyone plays their role well. Schaefer plays pretty much the same role for Mississippi State that Nurse does for UCONN, McCowan is a monster inside and an outstanding rebounder, and Vivians plays a similar role to KLS. Roshunda Johnson is also a great shooter and creator off the dribble, Morgan William is capable of scoring on her own. I think they’re by far the most complete team on both ends that could potentially face UCONN.
I agree with every bit of this. Well said.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say "no one" a few of us have been on this since the beginning of the season:

Last night Miss State played Massey #342 and 0-12 Mississippi Valley State University. MSU defeated the Devilettes 112-36 and looks ready for SEC play.

Yea, Mississippi State really challenged themselves with that OOC schedule.
I want to make sure I'm reading this correctly?
How many OOC games did MSU play on the road?
ONE?
What do you mean ONE?
UNLV in Vegas? Alright it was Vegas so I can't be too mad at you!
That's it-ONE road game OOC?
MSU scheduled Mississippi Valley State Devilettes and you made Devilettes come to Starkville to take a 76 point beat down? That is some shameful ish right there!
So that Mississippi Valley State Devilettes squad must be a pretty good team them right?
No?
What do you me no?
What do you mean Mississippi Valley State Devilettes have only won ONE game this year?
That can't be right?
That would put Mississippi Valley State Devilettes like at the bottom of all D1 WCBB programs wouldn't it?

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say "no one" a few of us have been on this since the beginning of the season:
Sorry, let me clarify. When I say " nobody" , I really meant all of our knowledgeable and expert WCBB prognosticators . The talking heads were really shoveling it hard yesterday !

Reaction Score
Personally, I am hoping the Huskies meet Miss. St in a NC game. I am also interested in watching how the Bulldogs handle be " unbeaten" going forward.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sorry, let me clarify. When I say " nobody" , I really meant all of our knowledgeable and expert WCBB prognosticators . The talking heads were really shoveling it hard yesterday !
Oh... those "no bodies". :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom