Los Angeles, CA - 10:00 PM ET
TV: Pac-12 Network (Christian Miles)

Video:
Texas A&M at USC (tvp)

Audio:
vs. USC (free)

Live stats:
Basketball Live Stats

This should be an interesting game for the east coast night owls who have Pac-12 Network or just want to listen along on the audio feed.

This is ranked TAMU's first game venturing outside Texas, and they are going against unbeaten USC who haven't played a ranked team 'til now.

I don't see how TAMU has earned their ranking, so I'm thinking this could be a close contest.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm also looking forward to this game. UConn-to-USC transfer Sadie Edwards is 3rd on her team in scoring. Junior guard Aliyah Mazyck is having something of a breakout season for USC as well, averaging over 14 ppg. And Chennedy Carter of TAMU is always fun to watch.
This is ranked TAMU's first game venturing outside Texas, and they are going against unbeaten USC who haven't played a ranked team 'til now.

I don't see how TAMU has earned their ranking, so I'm thinking this could be a close contest.

It should be noted that almost none of the teams in the lower half of the AP top 25 have done anything (in terms of quality wins) to "earn" their spot:
  • #13 Florida State's best win is over Iowa, which was then unranked but has just recently entered at #25. (FSU plays Texas this Sunday.)
  • #15 Maryland has no wins over ranked teams. Most notable wins are over Miami and Virginia.
  • #17 Oregon State has no wins over ranked teams. Most notable wins are over North Dakota and Nevada. (Played Notre Dame and Duke close.)
  • #18 Stanford has no wins over ranked teams. Most notable win is over Belmont. (Took Ohio State to overtime on a neutral court.)
  • #19 Texas A&M has no wins over ranked teams. Most notable win is over TCU.
  • #21 Green Bay's best wins are over Marquette and Arizona State, both of which were ranked (barely) at the time but have since dropped out.
  • #22 South Florida has no wins over ranked teams. Most notable wins are over LSU and St. John's.
  • #23 Michigan has no wins over ranked teams. Best win is over Marquette.
  • #24 Cal has no wins over ranked teams. Most notable win is over St. Mary's. (Played #20 Missouri close.)
  • #25 Iowa has no wins over ranked teams. Most notable wins are over Quinnipiac, Western Kentucky, Elon, Iowa State. (Played #13 FSU close.)

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Laksa of USF scored 40 pts tonight including 11-12 from three.
She lit up Notre Dame for 36 points, most of which were scored with a hand in her face. That kid can flat-out shoot and she's only getting better.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I have the Aggies 8-12 points. We'll see.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm also looking forward to this game. UConn-to-USC transfer Sadie Edwards is 3rd on her team in scoring. Junior guard Aliyah Mazyck is having something of a breakout season for USC as well, averaging over 14 ppg. And Chennedy Carter of TAMU is always fun to watch.

Mazyck is from Charlotte. I wonder how she ended up at USC.... perhaps she was thinking she was signing with South Carolina :p

If this game is close after halftime.... and Im still awake... I'll try to catch some of it.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Super excited to see one of my favorite Pac12 players, Minyon Moore. She is a spark plug and was one of the top ranked freshman for me last year. For not being a top 100 player coming out of high school I think she is fantastic.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Super excited to see one of my favorite Pac12 players, Minyon Moore. She is a spark plug and was one of the top ranked freshman for me last year. For not being a top 100 player coming out of high school I think she is fantastic.

That seems like a heck of a backcourt. Do Moore, Edwards, and the Charlotte kid all start?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Great matchups at both center and PG:
Kristen Simon vs. Khalia Hillsman
Chennedy Carter vs. Minyon Moore

JordyG

Reaction Score
Anriel Howard is just my kind of player. Never gives up on a play, always hustling. For her it's all about the team.

Reaction Score
for the east coast night owls who have Pac-12 Network .

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I think about 7 people east of the Mississippi have the PAC network

JordyG

Reaction Score
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I think about 7 people east of the Mississippi have the PAC network
Hohohohohohohohoh.

That's makes 6 more. 21-18 Aggies at the end of the first. Carter has 13 points in the quarter.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Chennedy Carter and Kristen Simon looking great so far.
And Minyon Moore with an early 3.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Carter so far has scored 10 of her points playing one on one from the high post. Hillsman has been, as expected, ineffective. She's huffs and puffs to run the floor, she's bobbled about every post entry, and hit the front of the rim on two bunnies. USC just went ahead 25-24 in the 2nd.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Hillsman hit the front of the rim on another bunny. She's got about 3 to 4 inches on Simon, but you wouldn't know from her terrible footwork on offense and defense.

Last edited:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
That seems like a heck of a backcourt. Do Moore, Edwards, and the Charlotte kid all start?

yep. Kristen Simon in the post and Jordan Adams at the 4. Adams is a 6'0 Guard so more of a point forward.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Jordan Adams has been a real spark for USC off the bench with 5 points in the 2nd. The Aggies have no offense without Kennedy on the floor.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Carter has 12 attempts so far for A and M. USC leads 30-26 with Aliyah Mazyck scoring 5 points in the quarter.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I'm in love with Howard. She just does all the little things a winning team needs.
Aggies 2-15 in the quarter. Kennedy looks tired.

JordyG

Reaction Score
58 secs left in the half 30-26 USC. Danni Williams has missed I think about 5 wide open from the arc in this quarter alone. Aggies 0-7 from the arc in the quarter.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I am one of them :)

I didnt know that the Pac 12 network was a part of Sling until @Plebe mentioned it either in the off-season or during the NCAAs I watched games last year via a bootleg streaming site.

JordyG

Reaction Score
USC 30-29 at the half. They played with more discipline and honestly hit a few more open shots than the Aggies. Carter looked exhausted the entire 2nd quarter. The Aggies had their chances with far more missed bunnies and open shots., but USC had their seniors Mayzck and Adams come through in clutch situations. Early on Carter took Moore to the basket whenever she wanted. As the first quarter ended Carter stopped driving, and played the end of the first looking winded. In the 2nd Carter tried to settle for outside shots, none of which fell. Williams missed a lot of wide open 3's and Hillsman's poor footwork inside pushed every bunny to the front of the rim. Hillsman had to be subbed quite a bit since all she needed was two consecutive trips down the floor and she looked winded.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I'm puzzled as to why the Aggies as a team appear not to have their legs under them from the end of the first on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom