Texas A&M @ Mississippi St - 2/18/18 | The Boneyard

Texas A&M @ Mississippi St - 2/18/18

Reaction Score
11-0 MSU out of the gate, and McCowan hasn't even taken a shot yet.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
11-0 MSU out of the gate, and McCowan hasn't even taken a shot yet.

Quick start for the Bulldogs. No surprises here. TA&M will be playing catch-up all evening. The dust has pretty much settled for this season. We know who the contenders are, and who the pretenders are. Barring an upset, we can pretty much figure out who will be in the sweet 16. It will get dicey from there. All of the weak teams will be gone by then. To me. The REAL tournament begins that second weekend.

Those are the best games of the tournament. The stronger teams are seldom challenged the first two games. UConn will go through the two teams in their bracket that first weekend like a hot knife through butter. The 64th seed they play that first game will only pack for two days. They know their trip to Storrs will be a quick turn-around. :rolleyes:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Love watching K. Carter's dribbling up the court, she must have been coached by Not Basketball Anymore players. When I was a young fella, we called it a carry and palming. Are these now allowed?

Reaction Score
Mississippi State is looking phenomenal tonight. They just keep getting better week after week, now observably better since mid-January even. William looks like she's back to last year's form, Schaefer is now hitting her threes, and Vivians is looking every bit as good as a Wilson or a Sameulson, including on defense. I've been liking our chances in any Final Four rematch up to this point, and I still do. But it it's going to take everything the Huskies have to win their 12th this year.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Actually Vivians looks great and is their biggest weapon by far. The rest of the team I am not really concerned with. I am convinced our team speed and help defense will neutralize McGowan types. Hard to judge playing TAMU when they are so Carter dominant which skews everything.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Love watching K. Carter's dribbling up the court, she must have been coached by Not Basketball Anymore players. When I was a young fella, we called it a carry and palming. Are these now allowed?

Its pretty much commonplace in today's basketball .NBA... men's college basketball... I even see alot of it in other WCBB teams ..... even by some teams I dare not mention.

I remember years ago watching a college basketball game on TV with my father.... he remarked..... that would have been called a palm back in my day (the late 1950s)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I hope nobody thinks Texas A&M should be anywhere close to a top 16 seed at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom