Tevin Mack - SG (Transfer) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tevin Mack - SG (Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The pot thing really bothers you? Jeeze I don't want to burst your bubble but some of our best players of all time smoked pot in college dude.
I know for a fact members of this current team smoke weed

Reaction Score
I know for a fact members of this current team smoke weed
most kids in college do. it's nothing shocking. I don't know about any current players but my friend delivered food from 2010-2014. A lot of those deliveries went to athletes and it wasn't uncommon for a room to smell like weed when they opened the door.

Reaction Score
Apparently we've reached out: #STRecruiting: Schools reaching out to former Longhorn Mack - SportsTalk

I'm not sure I believe this report, but whatever. I think Mack would be available starting the 2nd semester next year, but am not sure – it's possible he'd have to sit out the whole season.

He'd obviously fill a need but it's tough to ignore all those red flags.

Ms. Mack said. “He said it’s going to be much closer to South Carolina than he was. When he first talked about leaving, he said it’s more than likely an ACC or SEC school.”

Ms. Mack said the distance from home became a big issue for her son and he really didn’t want to return to Austin for his sophomore season.

pj

Reaction Score
The pot thing really bothers you? Jeeze I don't want to burst your bubble but some of our best players of all time smoked pot in college dude.

And all of our worst players.

Reaction Score
And all of our worst players.
doubtful. I'm sure there are some bad players who did or didn't and I know there are some greats that did or didn't. your logic is bad

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The men's players who don't smoke weed are the exception. I wonder if they test and when and what the punishment is for a failed test? Syracuse got in trouble for covering up failed tests.

Reaction Score
Who are you, Jeff Sessions? I think your heart would break if you knew what some of your UConn heroes from days past got up to.

It's hard for some people to realize that the athletes or celebrities they worship are in fact just people. Meet all of your heroes and you'll realize some are everything you thought they were and some are lousy human beings. It's no different than any other subset of the population.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
pass... he'll have to sit out a year anyway. lets focus on wilson or someone who can contribute right away

Reaction Score
Mack's personal flaws plays right into the strength of KO. Someone will give him a second chance, so why not KO and UConn? The fact that he can really play basketball makes the decision easier. Team chemistry is over rated or the importance of it has been muted by the fact that we haven't had strong team chemistry in the last 3 years.

Am I the only one struggling to find logic in that progression.

1. Team chemistry is overrated.

2. We haven't had team chemistry.

3. We haven't been good enough while we haven't had team chemistry.

4. Thus, the solution is to take someone who will probably keep team chemistry poor.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Did someone really use the term "pothead". Lets just change your name on here to "Old white guy" and send you some Chinos, a cardigan and a pair of Docksiders.

Wait Dad is this you?
What is the current word used to describe someone who's primary mission in life is obtaining his next sack and who lacks motivation to do anything meaningful in life? I was never a user but I've had plenty of friends who were and I know there are some very successful heavy users (Bill Walton, Cliff Robinson, Phil Jackson just to keep it in the scope of basketball) but I can say all of the ones I've known lacked career motivation and maturity. It's like their life stopped evolving in college and has stayed that way since then.

Reactions: pj

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
We'd have to be crazy not too gauge interest. If he does something stupid you kick him out.

Reaction Score
What is the current word used to describe someone who's primary mission in life is obtaining his next sack and who lacks motivation to do anything meaningful in life? I was never a user but I've had plenty of friends who were and I know there are some very successful heavy users (Bill Walton, Cliff Robinson, Phil Jackson just to keep it in the scope of basketball) but I can say all of the ones I've known lacked career motivation and maturity. It's like their life stopped evolving in college and has stayed that way since then.

If you lack ambition, smoking pot isn't going to give you any. If you have ambition, smoking pot isn't going to take it away. It's not some miracle drug and it's not the devil's lettuce. Regardless, who cares?

If Ollie thinks Tevin Mack can help the team and will not hurt us, I hope we go after him.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

There's a solid generalization. At least you somewhat based it on experience, but that's generally how stereotypes develop.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one struggling to find logic in that progression.

1. Team chemistry is overrated.

2. We haven't had team chemistry.

3. We haven't been good enough while we haven't had team chemistry.

4. Thus, the solution is to take someone who will probably keep team chemistry poor.
It's a pretty weak argument to not take Mack because he will disrupt team chemistry when there is no such chemistry to speak of. Mack, on this team, is easily one of the top 2 skilled players we would have. UConn should never turn away talent like this. Instead, have faith that Ollie will help this kid out off the court while he helps us on it. I see now what I wrote before is unclear but talent wins and UConn needs as much of it as possible.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The men's players who don't smoke weed are the exception. I wonder if they test and when and what the punishment is for a failed test? Syracuse got in trouble for covering up failed tests.

The school and ncaa are 2 different tests. The ncaa tests randomly throughout the season and right before/during ncaa tournament. Not every player gets tested it's like a handful and you never know who will or won't. The schools have an idea when the ncaa people will send someone around and test. They don't know exactly what day but they know they will be by in the next 4-6 weeks and the team usually knows this also so if they are using they will stop. The ones who get caught are idiots and assume they won't be one of the regular ones tested. Some never get tested in their 4 years and some get tested every year is all random.

Usually failed test the school will release failure to follow team rules and they get suspended for x amount of time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom