Terry Larrier | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Terry Larrier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Jalen Adams-like contributions would be a solid freshman year. I think the expectations of him have gotten a bit out of control, as they do with all major recruits.
He is not as good as Adams, coming in. Again, he could be great, some day. But anyone that expects major contributions from this kid are just setting up unrealistic expectations. If we want instant impact, major contributors we need to start recruiting like puke and kentucky. That is the reality. Even our best recruits will need a year or two before they are major contributors. Durham, if healthy and in shape, could be an exception. The kid was great before the injuries. Diallo could be instant impact, if we land him.

Reaction Score
He is not as good as Adams, coming in. Again, he could be great, some day. But anyone that expects major contributions from this kid are just setting up unrealistic expectations. If we want instant impact, major contributors we need to start recruiting like puke and kentucky. That is the reality. Even our best recruits will need a year or two before they are major contributors. Durham, if healthy and in shape, could be an exception. The kid was great before the injuries. Diallo could be instant impact, if we land him.

Way to state something that nobody knows like it's indisputable fact. Their consensus rankings as recruits are very close. I suspect that you're correct but in reality I have no clue. Stop pretending you do . . .

Reaction Score
I did not see anything to believe that Jalen is not on track to be Bazz like for his career. He was better at some things first year and is behind on outside shooting but I was not disappointed in sny way with his play.
If you're responding to me, I have absolutely no idea how you saw what I wrote as a negative to Adams...

Reaction Score

I'd bet the real answer is somewhere in between your pretty negative outlook and the boards', as a whole,overly optimistic outlook. The freshman contributions of the recent high-end guard prospects (Kemba, Shabazz, Jalen, Boatright) have been pretty consistent. They're major contributors but they're not stars or the go-to guy. And you're right, we're not bringing in the guys that are ready for that role from day 1 and are only here for babysitting until they can declare for the NBA.

Reaction Score

Based on his VCU game film (courtesy of tcf), he seems like an outstanding ball handler for his size, and has decent mechanics on his jump shot. Plays with a ton of energy, and looks like he has the ability to see the floor and pass, but not always the impulse. His freshman year, he tended to play way too fast at times, and shot selection is an issue. Both of those things should start to correct themselves with experience.

My favorite by far is at 0:51 in where he completely breaks a guy's ankles and then throws up a raging back board brick of a shot. Just needs some seasoning and pace!

Reaction Score
My favorite by far is at 0:51 in where he completely breaks a guy's ankles and then throws up a raging back board brick of a shot. Just needs some seasoning and pace!

Another alley oop partner for Brimah, nice

Reaction Score
I'm thinking next year's starting lineup will be Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, Facey, and Brimah. Off the bench will be Gilbert, Larrier, Jackson, Diarra, and Enoch. This is assuming Durham redshirts of course. This team looks very deep on paper. 10 impact players. Everyone gives us something different.

Reaction Score
I did not see anything to believe that Jalen is not on track to be Bazz like for his career. He was better at some things first year and is behind on outside shooting but I was not disappointed in sny way with his play.
Yea compare Jalens freshman year with Bazz freshman year veryyyyyyy similar

caw

Reaction Score

I'll put money on Gilbert having better stats than Jalen did this year, if only slightly. Fewer TOs especially and higher 3PT%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom