Terry Larrier is made out of Cotton Candy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Terry Larrier is made out of Cotton Candy

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
To the title of your post... yes this worries me. He does appear to be somewhat fragile at times. I remember the play he blew out his knee on last year. It looked like he was barreling down the court at full speed and tried to do an athletic move beyond what his body can handle (maybe a Euro-step at full speed). He has a great offensive skill set, particularly his smooth shooting stroke at mid-range and deep. He has to stay within his "sweet-spot" athletically and not try to make the moves of a 5'11" guard, even though it appears that he is capable - but not without risk. When his shot is on, he is a force. Great game to kick off his confidence. When shooters believe in themselves - they can get red hot at times. He looked that way last night.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Not too many, I need to take a shot moments. If he stays in the offense, he will be very, very good.

I noticed that last year in his limited action, and that's a HUGE thing with young players in general, I've noticed.

The more mature players understand this exact concept, and I think ultimately makes them much better players.

More often than not, when players recognize how / when / why in the offenses and listening to the coaching, at this level, is when their games really blossom. Shot selection, pace, etc.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I don't think the OP is a UConn fan. His abrasive, shallow and sophomoric posting style reminds me of the dude who call himself "truthaboutuconn" on the ESPN boards back in the day

Reaction Score
I don't think the OP is a UConn fan. His abrasive, shallow and sophomoric posting style reminds me of the dude who call himself "truthaboutuconn" on the ESPN boards back in the day

Hey guys.

I immediately posted an update and made fun of myself for the title.

I loved what I saw from Larrier on Friday.

If he can hit those shots all season, we will be fine.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Hey guys.

I immediately posted an update and made fun of myself for the title.

I loved what I saw from Larrier on Friday.

If he can hit those shots all season, we will be fine.

my apologies

Reaction Score
Actually, the best comparison I see REGARDING HIS SHOOTING STYLE ONLY for those of us who have been around for awhile is the evolving (sophomore year) Donyell Marshall. Now, before anyone starts with how ridiculous it is to compare TL or anyone in recent memory to someone who was a national POY candidate his junior year... I am only talking about his shot, and I am talking about Donyell's sophomore year, when he was more up and down because he was still growing confidence in his mid and long range shooting. By his junior year Donyell's outside shot and whole game fully blossomed and he was awe-some with a Cap-it-al A baby (at least until those two fateful missed foul shots at the end of the Florida loss in the Sweet 16).

The downside for this year is, when Terry is off, and if he forces shots and also allows his defense to suffer, those are games we could lose that all of us on here are believing we should win.

Let us pray that happens as rarely as possible this year.

Reaction Score
Actually, the best comparison I see REGARDING HIS SHOOTING STYLE ONLY for those of us who have been around for awhile is the evolving (sophomore year) Donyell Marshall. Now, before anyone starts with how ridiculous it is to compare TL or anyone in recent memory to someone who was a national POY candidate his junior year... I am only talking about his shot, and I am talking about Donyell's sophomore year, when he was more up and down because he was still growing confidence in his mid and long range shooting. By his junior year Donyell's outside shot and whole game fully blossomed and he was awe-some with a Cap-it-al A baby (at least until those two fateful missed foul shots at the end of the Florida loss in the Sweet 16).

The downside for this year is, when Terry is off, and if he forces shots and also allows his defense to suffer, those are games we could lose that all of us on here are believing we should win.

Let us pray that happens as rarely as possible this year.
He actually reminds a little of Rudy Gay except not as athletic but with a better post game. Neither of them were great dribblers, though TL might have a small advantage there, but had smooth shots and good length.

Reaction Score
Too me, TL is like a mirror image of DD
Well a little smaller but he also has a nice little post game like DD. TL has a little bit of RG, DD and Donyell Marshall in him. Either way I love when he is playing the 4 with Polley in the lineup. I think that is our best lineup going forward if Polley keeps developing. Good length and keep the big boy in the middle and substitue Cobb with Carlton at time. Hopefully are big guys develop through the season like some of us hope. Not to foget that Whaley might be playing at the end of games due his shot blocking and offensive rebounding ability. We still haven't seen the grad transfer from Cornell too.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Too me, TL is like a mirror image of DD

I don't see it. TL is much more of a perimeter player, twice the athlete, but less skilled. But hey, If mirror image means another championship I'll take it ;)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't see it. TL is much more of a perimeter player, twice the athlete, but less skilled. But hey, If mirror image means another championship I'll take it ;)
I don't think TL is twice the athlete that DD is - DD was not fragile

pj

Reaction Score
He is like a combination of Kevin Garnett, Wilt Chamberlain, Karl Malone, Dr. J, Oscar Robertson, Kareem Abdul Jabar and Michael Jordan...but better.:rolleyes:

He also has the advantage of stealth. He's so slender, when he turns sideways you can't see him.

Reaction Score
I don't think TL is twice the athlete that DD is - DD was not fragile

I'm thinking more about verticality. DD was pretty earthbound, but deceptive because of his length.

Larrier does look like a fragile player on tje court in a way DD didnt, you're correct in that.

Reaction Score
B4r15zcCUAA2WpY.jpg
He also has the advantage of stealth. He's so slender, when he turns sideways you can't see him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom