Terrified | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Terrified

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Here's my recommendation.
Bet everything you own on Cincinnati moneyline.

That way you will have a lot to celebrate and a lot to cry about. Just like Jim Valvano wanted.
But if you bet everything you own on Cincinnati, then you didn't spend time thinking. Not what Jim Valvano wanted.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
That explains all the "boneyard sucks" comments.
I for one am opposed to UConn operating in a vacuum. UConn doctors should not be cutting people with all that wind and dirt swirling around.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Disappointment is a part of life. I'm already dissappointed with this season, so just a little more won't make big difference.

I would love to be pleasantly surprised though. Been lucky enough in the past...

Reaction Score
"Fight on, my men,
"A little I'm hurt, but not yet slain,
"I'll just lie down, and bleed awhile,
"And then I'll rise and fight again."- Marv Levy

Reaction Score
What worries me is we're enjoying a 12 pt lead with 3 min to play and we start missing layups and defensive assignments .

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
"Fight on, my men,
"A little I'm hurt, but not yet slain,
"I'll just lie down, and bleed awhile,
"And then I'll rise and fight again."- Marv Levy

If the game is lost then we're all the same
No one left to place or take the blame...
-Barlow

If only...

Reaction Score
With this team it's always important to not get your hopes up.

It's going to be a very low scoring, ugly game. Whoever has more heart, plays more physical & gets to the free throw line more will win this one.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I hate to say this but, this year:
I have decided to be happy if they win and expectant if they lose
In my 50 years of watching UConn basketball I can probably count on one hand how many times I have felt this way

Maybe it's my lifelong NY Giants and Chicago Cubs fandom that has taught me this apathetic approach

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
I will be working from 2 to 4. Kinda can't stress too much. When I get hiome tonight the question will be...

victory brews or xanax?

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
...Whoever has more heart, plays more physical & gets to the free throw line more will win this one.

You've just hit on one of the most frustrating aspects of this year. It seems that in most games, we are both less physical and trailing big in the FTA column. And it seems that as the games go on, it impacts the "amount" of heart the team plays with.

Watching the team's body language when they do drive, get hammered and get no whistle, they appear to be as frustrated as us fans.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I love what watching UConn games, especially tournament games (and formerly league games) or game against big opponents. I don't get upset about losing when I think we are playing a better team, as with Maryland earlier (although the start was painful). It's all about the heartbreak of a close loss or the joy of a key win.

This year's team has been skewed way too much toward heartbreak. I'd really like to see them balance the scales a bit and win the AAC and give us a thrill or two in the NCAAs. If they lose today, they will likely be denied that opportunity and on balance, this season will be more unpleasant than enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom