Terrific game from Kiah | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Terrific game from Kiah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of course she can. She already has.

10 points, 13 rebounds and 6 blocks against Stanford.

With Tuck out, Stokes will get the minutes she needs to continue her progress and become more consistent.
Yeah but can she do it in the final four in a tight game. Until that happens she's a huge question mark! :rolleyes:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Yeah but can she do it in the final four in a tight game. Until that happens she's a huge question mark! :rolleyes:

Not for me.

She's just now coming to grips with what she's capable of.
Nerves are not a problem with Kiah.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Not for me.

She's just now coming to grips with what she's capable of.
Nerves are not a problem with Kiah.

I took Sue’s post as sarcasm/irony...I do not think she meant her words in the literal sense.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
msf, that's what the lil' "roll-eyes" icon is fer - when somebody uses an icon (I do, frequently), consider that the post may not be meant literally.

Reaction Score
44…your words about Kiah in this thread, OP designed to point out positive change, have awakened the juvenile muse in me…this one's 4 and about you

I’m a smarter poster,
Than all of you,
Any player I can roast her,
Watch my keyboard spew

I did not roast her , only stated fact which Doggy decided to nitpick over a single word from another poster who also was looking for consistency from her...
don't let the facts get in the way of looking at it through rose colored glasses.
Stop gushing and let her get consistent before you declare it as so.
Its been 2.5 years, have you been holding your breath?
And who died and left you as censor?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I did not roast her , only stated fact which Doggy decided to nitpick over a single word from another poster who also was looking for consistency from her...
don't let the facts get in the way of looking at it through rose colored glasses.

Thin skinned you are...

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Does sound somewhat familiarly trollish, what!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Nitpick over a single word? Bull. She can do it against top teams. Period.

Rose colored glasses? Better than the doom and gloom and yes, roasting of a player that you continually post.

I suppose now you will cry that the mean regular posters here are censoring you.

Reaction Score
Nitpick over a single word? Bull. She can do it against top teams. Period.

Rose colored glasses? Better than the doom and gloom and yes, roasting of a player that you continually post.

I suppose now you will cry that the mean regular posters here are censoring you.

Go back and re read the original post, you even highlighted the word.
She has not done it against top teams, see my posted response.
You say doom and gloom, I say dose of reality.
You definitely wear rose colored glasses when it comes to any factual statement that does not line up with your overly optimistic viewpoints.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Go back and re read the original post, you even highlighted the word.
She has not done it against top teams, see my posted response.
You say doom and gloom, I say dose of reality.
You definitely wear rose colored glasses when it comes to any factual statement that does not line up with your overly optimistic viewpoints.

Sonny asked and I quote "Can she do it against the better teams?". That is a fact.

I replied that she can. She did it against Stanford. I didn't say she can do it every game against the better teams. I know she didn't perform at that level against all the teams you mentioned. But that doesn't mean she won't against the better teams in the future.

Please explain what my overly optimistic viewpoints are? Name a few.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
First, let me note that somebody has called DD "overly optimistic" and said that he "definitely wear(s) rose colored glasses". That doesn't happen every day, as DD's comments usually lean towards the "reality" spectrum, sometimes painfully so.
Second, Kiah had a double-double, plus six blocks against Stanford, I believe. In just about every "bracketology", and just about every poll, Stanford is regarded as Final Four material. And, of course, the school has a long and recent history of good NCAA tourney performances and has given UConn some trouble. 44, I guess my question is, if Stanford isn't a top team (Period.), what would you consider a top team? It seems like a mighty short list.

Lastly, I would note that your "dose of reality" and categorizing other folks' opinion is just as subjective as their rosy glasses and overt optimism - perhaps more so, seeing as how we are talking about an undefeated team, defending national champion, and the most successful school and coaching staff of the modern WCBB era.

Reaction Score
First, let me note that somebody has called DD "overly optimistic" and said that he "definitely wear(s) rose colored glasses". That doesn't happen every day, as DD's comments usually lean towards the "reality" spectrum, sometimes painfully so.
Second, Kiah had a double-double, plus six blocks against Stanford, I believe. In just about every "bracketology", and just about every poll, Stanford is regarded as Final Four material. And, of course, the school has a long and recent history of good NCAA tourney performances and has given UConn some trouble. 44, I guess my question is, if Stanford isn't a top team (Period.), what would you consider a top team? It seems like a mighty short list.

Lastly, I would note that your "dose of reality" and categorizing other folks' opinion is just as subjective as their rosy glasses and overt optimism - perhaps more so, seeing as how we are talking about an undefeated team, defending national champion, and the most successful school and coaching staff of the modern WCBB era.

And against the other 6 top teams her offensive stats are?
You see one game and I point out 6 other games. She lacks any kind of offensive consistency, so why would you think she can do it against the better teams, she hasn't and that is fact.

Reaction Score
Sonny asked and I quote "Can she do it against the better teams?". That is a fact.

I replied that she can. She did it against Stanford. I didn't say she can do it every game against the better teams. I know she didn't perform at that level against all the teams you mentioned. But that doesn't mean she won't against the better teams in the future.

Please explain what my overly optimistic viewpoints are? Name a few.

His statement was in the plural meaning multiple times, not once.
why you choose to ignore the other 6 occurances, shows your overly optimistic viewpoint, I choose to look at the 6 other opportunities as her reality.
Louisville is the next big opponent, predict what she will do in that game offensively.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
His statement was in the plural meaning multiple times, not once.
why you choose to ignore the other 6 occurances, shows your overly optimistic viewpoint, I choose to look at the 6 other opportunities as her reality.
Louisville is the next big opponent, predict what she will do in that game offensively.
I predict that even if she does well, you will downplay it and bring up the other 6 games as the reality.

I didn't ignore the other 6 games. But doing it once means she can.

Look up the word "can" and look up the word "will" and learn something.

Care to name another overly optimistic view I have or was that it?

Reaction Score
I predict that even if she does well, you will downplay it and bring up the other 6 games as the reality.

I didn't ignore the other 6 games. But doing it once means she can.

Look up the word "can" and look up the word "will" and learn something.

Care to name another overly optimistic view I have or was that it?

I predict that if she does not play well, you will find something optimistic about it even though it wont be reality.
Kiah has Heather Buck syndrome, except Kiah has more talent, skill and ability.
Why don't you hold your breath until the next time Kiah has a Stanford game.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I predict that if she does not play well, you will find something optimistic about it even though it wont be reality.
Kiah has Heather Buck syndrome, except Kiah has more talent, skill and ability.
Why don't you hold your breath until the next time Kiah has a Stanford game.

Great post. All your true colors show.

I'll continue to believe in Stokes and you can do whatever it is you do.

Reaction Score
Great post. All your true colors show.

I'll continue to believe in Stokes and you can do whatever it is you do.

I also want Kiah to be that consistent offensive threat, however I am not holding my breath as you seem to be, you do look more blue!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Well, it is certainly necessary for fans of a team to keep in mine all of their faults and shortcomings, real or imagined, actual or potential, as well as all the things the could possibly go wrong in a game or in the course of a season. To not do so would not be realistic. Perish forbid that any fan of any team should have unrealistic evaluations or expectations about that team or its players. Good, hard-headed, objective analyses of every possible departure from perfection, along with the willingness to call all of these matters to the attention of one's fellow fans, whenever they are perceived; that is what being a fan is all about. Isn't it?
:cool:

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Well, it is certainly necessary for fans of a team to keep in mine all of their faults and shortcomings, real or imagined, actual or potential, as well as all the things the could possibly go wrong in a game or in the course of a season. To not do so would not be realistic. Perish forbid that any fan of any team should have unrealistic evaluations or expectations about that team or its players. Good, hard-headed, objective analyses of every possible departure from perfection, along with the willingness to call all of these matters to the attention of one's fellow fans, whenever they are perceived; that is what being a fan is all about. Isn't it?
:cool:
Yep, basically we are all perfect and know everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom