Terrance Myth | The Boneyard

Terrance Myth

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Is my new nickname for Tarin Smith. This kid is just what the doctor ordered. If we go on a run this year it will be partly because he has a legendary one year here. His solo 8-0 after a Cornell run put the game away. When your 4th option on offense is that good you have a nice team.

As an aside. Boehiem’s kids are gd awful at basketball huh?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Is my new nickname for Tarin Smith. This kid is just what the doctor ordered. If we go on a run this year it will be partly because he has a legendary one year here. His solo 8-0 after a Cornell run put the game away. When your 4th option on offense is that good you have a nice team.

Jimmy Boeheim was...not impressive.

But at least they didn't spell his name wrong.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
They didn't even try! No names on the jerseys.

Tarin Smith is great. Love having him on the squad.

Ivy League brains, baby.

09-roll-safe.w700.h467.2x.jpg

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I saw this thread title and thought it was going to reveal some grand conspiracy in which a guy named “Terrence Samuel” never played for UConn, and the whole thing was an elaborate hoax staged by the AD/media/NCAA.

Reaction Score
I like it, especially given what's been going on with J.R.'s Myth lately.

Reaction Score
He's been a revelation so far this year. Top 3 uconn grad transfer. Could end up #1 by season's end.
Shonn miller was underutilized but was still the best player on that team. sterling gibbs underperformed as he was a talented kid. love those dudes as they bled blue regardless. excited to have tarin on board.

Reaction Score
Can't forget about Ed Nelson when talking about the greatest transfer at UConn.

You can when you’re talking about the greatest grad transfer.

Kromah was great for what he meant to that team, but I actually think Shonn Miller was the better player. Gibbs was very good as well even though he wasn’t perfect. Smith is right in this group though.

Reaction Score
Jimmy Boeheim was...not impressive.

Don't want to derail the thread, but if they said Jimmy Boeheim Jimmy Boeheim Jimmy Boeheim one more time I was going to scream. It reminded us of that Seinfeld "Jimmy" episode. You know, the one where Jimmy refers to himself in the third.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Don't want to derail the thread, but if they said Jimmy Boeheim Jimmy Boeheim Jimmy Boeheim one more time I was going to scream. It reminded us of that Seinfeld "Jimmy" episode. You know, the one where Jimmy refers to himself in the third.

Somewhat related, if I had a nickel for every time Tim Welsh said “floor game” instead of just, you know, “GAME,” I’d have enough money to pay SNY to fire him.

Is there a non-floor game of Tyler Polley for us to evaluate? His psych-ops game? Enough, Welsh.

Reaction Score
His play and maturity level isn't too surprising when you consider he got 4 years coaching from a hall-of-famer

Reaction Score
Shonn miller was underutilized but was still the best player on that team. sterling gibbs underperformed as he was a talented kid. love those dudes as they bled blue regardless. excited to have tarin on board.
He's underrated because of that team as a whole. Add Miller to this year's team and look out.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Yeah, but if they played a zone, then you'd see him shine. He was probably very confused at his first practice. "Wait! What? You mean I have to follow one guy all over the place instead of just standing here in my spot? How's that work?"

He's been a revelation so far this year. Top 3 uconn grad transfer. Could end up #1 by season's end.
Agree wholeheartedly, except for the last point.
Tough to pass a guy who contributed so much to a championship team. It's one thing to look outstanding on a mediocre team. (Miller). Another thing entirely to be a valuable asset to a championship team. (Kromah). I believe he'll edge out Miller (in MY mind, anyway) before he's done. But he's really going to have to do some special schitt to beat a guy who helped win a chip.

Somewhat related, if I had a nickel for every time Tim Welsh said “floor game” instead of just, you know, “GAME,” I’d have enough money to pay SNY to fire him.
Announcerspeak is easy to hate. As in "He can really score the ball," and "They need to rebound the ball better." Why add the ball to everything? Is there a different version of this game somewhere where they don't use a ball?

Reaction Score
How was Miller underutilized ? He was an undersized 4 who had a great year for us.
His bad games we’re against guys that just overpowered him. He couldn’t shoot well enough to play the three were he was better physically suited.
Gibbs was forced to play point but as Jaylen matured Gibbs moved to a more comfortable 2 guard. The team improved with that move. They did win the AAC and 25 games.
Gibbs was heroic in the second round loss to Kansas . Miller was out of his league.

Reaction Score
You can when you’re talking about the greatest grad transfer.

Kromah was great for what he meant to that team, but I actually think Shonn Miller was the better player. Gibbs was very good as well even though he wasn’t perfect. Smith is right in this group though.
My bad. Read it wrong, or rather not well enough.

Reaction Score
I was hoping Terrence Myth was a 6'9", 255 4/5 who likes the Huskies dammit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom