Tennessee with a road win at Ole Miss | The Boneyard

Tennessee with a road win at Ole Miss

Reaction Score
Blowout fashion. Tennessee controlled the entire game. Shakira Austin was a problem but had no help tonight !

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Solid win for Tennessee. Dye was a big difference maker along with Darby's three pointers in the first half. Ole Miss is a dangerous squad since they're so athletic but they have a long way to go in figuring out how to play on the offensive end.

Reaction Score
Tennesse is worrying.

I'd hate to not win the league again.
Tennessee vs SC is a matchup im excited to see . I dont see a gap at all and the LV's have a great shot at winning this one. Key vs Boston , Horston vs Cooke and Steady Jordan walker vs Defensive hawk Henny . Amihere & Cardoso could be difference makers but if SC cant get hot from 3 against the best defensive team in the nation id be concerned .

Reaction Score
Tennessee vs SC is a matchup im excited to see . I dont see a gap at all and the LV's have a great shot at winning this one. Key vs Boston , Horston vs Cooke and Steady Jordan walker vs Defensive hawk Henny . Amihere & Cardoso could be difference makers but if SC cant get hot from 3 against the best defensive team in the nation id be concerned .
SC is a bad matchup for Tennesse. They won't be able to bully SC on the board. What they are good at SC is better. Also Tennesse front court depth once Key gets in foul trouble is gone. It will take a team with shooters at every position who can put the ball on the floor and drive one on one. That team is not Tennesse. However if Key somehow can play 35 plus minutes and the Lady Vols get hot from the outside then they got a chance.

Reaction Score
Solid win for Tennessee. Dye was a big difference maker along with Darby's three pointers in the first half. Ole Miss is a dangerous squad since they're so athletic but they have a long way to go in figuring out how to play on the offensive end.
Dye, minus Burrell, is their most consistent player. Tess Darby MIGHT hit a shot if you leave her open...which they did. Key...she's good if she doesn't have to match up against people near her height. Austin was a problem. Just not enough FGAs. Key only had TWO. Ole Miss played EVERY player. That's not going to get you there.

Reaction Score

Tennessee has the best defense in the country?

Reaction Score
#1 in field goal percentage defense.
The numbers suggest that but I don’t watch them and think best defensive team in the land. There a few teams a little more stout.

Reaction Score
SC is a bad matchup for Tennesse. They won't be able to bully SC on the board. What they are good at SC is better. Also Tennesse front court depth once Key gets in foul trouble is gone. It will take a team with shooters at every position who can put the ball on the floor and drive one on one. That team is not Tennesse. However if Key somehow can play 35 plus minutes and the Lady Vols get hot from the outside then they got a chance.
Tennessee defends and rebounds and in the past has been able to defend Boston 1 on 1.

They did after all win last year.

I don't think we're a great matchup for Tennessee at all -- we aren't a great matchup for anyone -- but Tennessee isn't the best matchup for us either.

I do agree generally that the teams want to do similar things and have similar strengths and that SC has the talent and depth advantage on paper.

But I'd expect a defensive struggle that goes to the team that perseveres.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The numbers suggest that but I don’t watch them and think best defensive team in the land. There a few teams a little more stout.
Not every team has a player like Key. In the paint blocking shots.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tennessee defends and rebounds and in the past has been able to defend Boston 1 on 1.

They did after all win last year.

I don't think we're a great matchup for Tennessee at all -- we aren't a great matchup for anyone -- but Tennessee isn't the best matchup for us either.

I do agree generally that the teams want to do similar things and have similar strengths and that SC has the talent and depth advantage on paper.

But I'd expect a defensive struggle that goes to the team that perseveres.

The game Tennesse won, Boston had 17 points 16 rebounds and Key fouled out with 5 points. The reason why they won that game is because they scored 50 points in the second half. Davis went off in that second half. Everything she threw up went in. That is why I said they would have to have a great night of shooting to beat us. UT doesn't shoot the ball well. I think they are ranked close to 100th in FG percentage. UT need extra attempts at the basket to be productive like us. It will be hard for them to get enough attempts. In the second game we played we won the game easily because they shot the ball like they normally do. We out rebounded them by double digits. I expect the game to be similar to the second time we played them.

Reaction Score
They're also one of the best offensive rebounding teams. The numbers confirm that too and are significantly bolstered by the amount of layups they miss.

Reaction Score
The game Tennesse won, Boston had 17 points 16 rebounds and Key fouled out with 5 points. The reason why they won that game is because they scored 50 points in the second half. Davis went off in that second half. Everything she threw up went in. That is why I said they would have to have a great night of shooting to beat us. UT doesn't shoot the ball well. I think they are ranked close to 100th in FG percentage. UT need extra attempts at the basket to be productive like us. It will be hard for them to get enough attempts. In the second game we played we won the game easily because they shot the ball like they normally do. We out rebounded them by double digits. I expect the game to be similar to the second time we played them.

Their best scorer is Horston who also can shoot something like 5-20 and still have 20 points and 12 rebounds lol we limit her and that’s all she wrote for UT. I think Beal will shut her down.

Reaction Score
See last seasons regular season match up .

Reaction Score
Their best scorer is Horston who also can shoot something like 5-20 and still have 20 points and 12 rebounds lol we limit her and that’s all she wrote for UT. I think Beal will shut her down.
Horston is the playmaker their best scorer is still Rae Burrell. Jordan Walker has been making some noise of late and the freshmen come to play !

Reaction Score
How in God's name can MSST be 2nd in the nation in blocked shots with a 6-foot center and a roster made up of 90% >5'9 guards. Mind blowing!
Denae Carter has really long arms so she plays like she is 6-1.****

Reaction Score
How in God's name can MSST be 2nd in the nation in blocked shots with a 6-foot center and a roster made up of 90% >5'9 guards. Mind blowing!

Denae Carter (the 6 foot center) has won SEC freshman of the week twice already this season. A lot of the blocks are coming from the perimeter. I posted a link in the SEC thread, but Novak is stressing basic fundamentals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom