Tennessee to host UConn women’s basketball team on Jan. 21 in second game of Revival Series | The Boneyard

Tennessee to host UConn women’s basketball team on Jan. 21 in second game of Revival Series

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By ASSOCIATED PRESS |
JUN 23, 2020 AT 6:40 PM

SPRINGFIELD. MASS. — The Tennessee Lady Vols will host UConn on Jan. 21 in the second game of the Revival Series between the college basketball rivals. Naismith officials announced the date of the second game Tuesday. UConn won the first game 60-45 in Hartford, Connecticut, last January.

1592978295741.png

Evina Westbrook

It will be interesting to see the type (the wholesomeness) of reception Geno and Evina Westbrook receive that night from the "faithful" Volunteer fans. Auriemma said “I’m sure the fans in Rocky Top have missed me.” UConn's visit that night will reveal the class and character of their fans. :oops:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They may not allow fans in but TBA will be filled with ghosts that night. :rolleyes: :eek::confused:

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

The highest-attended game at TBA for the Lady Vols came against Texas A&M, which saw 12,738 fans show up to see first-year head coach Kellie Harper's squad. The Lady Vols' average attendance of 8,645 fans per home game was an increase of over 600 fans per game from last season

I suspect this game will be the highest attended game for the upcoming season. Will they get to 20K+ in attendance?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
No, due to COVID.
It would be surreal to watch the Huskies vs the LV’s played in an empty arena. I would certainly take that over no game at all. The one ray of hope for a raucous crowd would be the accelerated development of a vaccine and wide inoculation of the population prior to the Jan 21 game.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The start of UConn’s home-and-home series with Texas has been postponed by one year at the request of the Longhorns. The Huskies will entertain Texas in 2021-22 and travel to Austin the following season to complete the contract.

The delay also helps the Huskies as they now need to reschedule only one more contest to reach the NCAA limit for games in 2020-21. UConn’s move to the Big East and its 20-game league schedule compared to the American Athletic Conference’s 16-game league schedule had it over the limit.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I had also read somewhere that Texas at UConn would be the opening game of the season for Texas; not sure if that was also the case for UConn. But, it's a moot point now.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Or they can pump in some crowd noise and put crash dummies in the seats...maybe some of those monkeys that clap when you wind them up...

Or time to get Paige et al programmed into WCBB 2K. :(

Reaction Score
It's not the same without Pat Summit just as some of the Big East games won't be the same without some of the old rivals and rival coaches but they are from a "Power 5" conference and a win will go far in determining our poll position.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see they type (the wholesomeness) of reception Geno and Evina Westbrook receive that night from the "faithful" Volunteer fans. Auriemma said “I’m sure the fans in Rocky Top have missed me.” UConn's visit that night will reveal the class and character of their fans. :oops:
The class and character of their fans has already been revealed many times, but in this case most notably right after Evina announced her decision to attend UConn.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's not the same without Pat Summit just as some of the Big East games won't be the same without some of the old rivals and rival coaches but they are from a "Power 5" conference and a win will go far in determining our poll position.
Meh, really depends on how good they are. Personally, I am not expecting a boost from them.

Reaction Score
I agree. I think we'd get a better showing if we could play Baylor or S.C At least with those teams we have score to settle! :)

Reaction Score
It would be surreal to watch the Huskies vs the LV’s played in an empty arena. I would certainly take that over no game at all. The one ray of hope for a raucous crowd would be the accelerated development of a vaccine and wide inoculation of the population prior to the Jan 21 game.

Have you comsidered that with no crowd we will be able to hear both the players and coaches (if the TV people are allowed). That could be very entertaining. I imagine the officials won't mind though.
In another life I sat behind the Celtic bench in a game at the Civic Center. Listening to Heinsohn was worth the price of admission.

Reaction Score
good one. Didn't think of initials. Ever have a Hannah? Racecar is a good one.

Reaction Score
That was sarcasm. Racecar is a palindrome. I like prime numbers and palindromes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom