Tennessee @ Texas | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Tennessee @ Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Neither of these teams looks that good even though this game is competative.

Texas: 11 assists on 25 buckets
Tennessee: 7 assists on 23 buckets.

Telling stats.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Beautiful pass by DeShields to Russell to cut it to 3.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Holmes scores an and-1 and fouls out Nared (22 points). I think that's the game.
Maybe not so fast. Jackson with a quick 3 closes the lead to 5, just over 1:00 to play.

I know I mentioned this already, but Dan Hughes is just awesome as a color commentator. I hope he does a lot more of this now that he won't be coaching.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow. McCarty misses a bunny and then DeShields gets blocked by Lang.
Then Nunn (inserted for the fouled-out Nared) gets stripped by McCarty.
That should indeed be game.

But even in defeat, Tennessee should find tons of positives in this loss. Fought back from an early 15-point deficit and found something resembling an offense. Plus their effort — noticeably absent in the losses to PSU, VT, and Baylor — was undoubtedly there.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Texas will hang on for the win. Should probably been a double digit win since game was on their home court.

During the Game FS1 showed a graphic on teams with most McDonald's AA. Didn't see UConn listed. Does any1 know which teams have the most McDonald's AA's and where UConn stands on the list?

Kenny Kalina tweeted there were 13 McDonad's AA playing in the Texas and Lady Vol game.

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Nared played with desperation, Diamond started hitting shots, they looked better.
Still, not the formula for winning BB

Plebe

Reaction Score
Texas will hang on for the win. Should probably been a double digit win since game was on their home court.

During the Game FS1 showed a graphic on teams with most McDonald's AA. Didn't see UConn listed. Does any1 know which teams have the most McDonald's AA's and where UConn stands on the list?

I tried to get a screenshot of that graphic but they removed it before I could get it. Would love to know this as well.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If texas can play the two programs with 19 combined NCs, a 1-1 record is pretty good. That's pretty much the only way I can see to look at this game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Couldn't help but notice warm hug between Aston & Rowe after the game. Since Aston blew by Geno after last week's loss vs UConn, got to wonder about the two different responses?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Couldn't help but notice warm hug between Aston & Rowe after the game. Since Aston blew by Geno after last week's loss vs UConn, got to wonder about the two different responses?

Do you mean Warlick? I think you have the wrong Holly.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I tried to get a screenshot of that graphic but they removed it before I could get it. Would love to know this as well.

I caught some but not all of the graphic.

UConn has 4 MacDonald's AA's: Gabby, Pheesa, Lou and Crystal
ND has 8.

I believe they said MD had 7.

Reaction Score
I think Maryland has 5 - Slocum, Charles, Watson, Gillespie and Fraser.

Reaction Score
Tennessee lost again. I suppose that means they'll be ranked back in the Top 25 come Monday! That seems to be the way the voters deal with the fantasy of Tennessee!!

Reaction Score

I don't know, as Warlick "stolen" any Texas HS recruits away of late? ;)

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think Maryland has 5 - Slocum, Charles, Watson, Gillespie and Fraser.

You mean that neither Walker-Kimbrough nor B. Jones were McD AA?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That's certainly a likely explanation, but there is another possibility.

200_s.gif

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Kenny Kalina tweeted there were 13 McDonad's AA playing in the Texas and Lady Vol game.
And still the offensive execution was spotty. See the separate thread on McD AAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom