Tennessee @ Texas | The Boneyard

Tennessee @ Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is the next game on Fox Sports 1.

I'll be fascinated to see if the Tennessee train wreck continues, or if they can start to pull things together.

Texas is still without Ariel Atkins, who injured her head in the UConn game.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Four minutes to go in the 1st, 11 - 2 Texas.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Texas scores a layup on a defensive breakdown by the Lady Vols, and goes up 31-16.
Timeout Tennessee.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Initial observations.

1. Texas isn't playing bad.

2. I just don't know about the vols. The team just seems disinterested in a team aspect. And yes. DeShields does pout when things don't go her way.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The LV's have no offensive flow. Dribble around, try to penetrate, dribble some more and shoot.

Texas is working the offense. Some good passing. THey still have a ways to go but they are getting it. Lang is very good in the post.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
The only player I really like on Tennessee is Nared. She plays really hard and has improved a lot. Not sure how with this coaching staff :confused:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tennessee only plays 1 on 1 basketball. If some players get hot taking hard shots, they can keep it close. They do not know how to get easy shots. Ugly BB to watch. DD is ridiculous. She thinks she is on the playground Texas with McCarty and Lang play a nice game. They will get alot better. To bad Baylor will always be in the way. I love watching these games just so I can better appreciate UConn. Our worst game is 100 x more beautiful than most teams best games.:cool:

Reaction Score
I'm just flipping back & forth with football, but every time I take a look Lang is eating Russell's lunch.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I missed most of the 2nd quarter, but Tennessee mounted a comeback and is down only 5 at the half.

Nared has 14 points so far. Lang is pretty much dominating Russell on the inside, which I didn't expect.

One of the Texas starters (Caron-Goudreau) just went down with what must've been a knee or ankle injury.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Texas has a slim five-point lead with the second half about to begin.

Plebe

Reaction Score
DeShields just went coast to coast and cut the lead to 1.

Texas looks like Tennessee on offense now, everyone standing and settling for 1-on-1 attempts.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Not impressed with either teams play. Texas had control of this game and now in the process of giving it away. Texas only leads by 1 with 7 minutes left in 3rd quarter. IMO would be a bad loss for Texas IF they lose. They probably drop out of Top 25 and Lady Vols move back in. Texas was supposed to be a F4 contender, their play doesn't say that.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tennessee only plays 1 on 1 basketball. If some players get hot taking hard shots, they can keep it close. They do not know how to get easy shots. Ugly BB to watch. DD is ridiculous. She thinks she is on the playground Texas with McCarty and Lang play a nice game. They will get alot better. To bad Baylor will always be in the way. I love watching these games just so I can better appreciate UConn. Our worst game is 100 x more beautiful than most teams best games.:cool:

Holy Moly. Just after I went of on DD, she seems to have been reincarnated. After this turnaround performance, she may never make another pass this year:rolleyes:. She will thrive in the 1 on 1 culture of the WNBA

Reaction Score
Texas played better at UConn . they are playing down to their opponents level. this is hard to watch but I am trying to fill out my Womens NIT brackets.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I can appreciate how hard Mercedes Russell is working down low. Lang is a handful and Russell is holding her own for the most part. Russell is improving to me.. she's moving around the floor, has good post moves down low and a really nice hook shot. I like how her game is improving.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I can appreciate how hard Mercedes Russell is working down low. Lang is a handful and Russell is holding her own for the most part. Russell is improving to me.. she's moving around the floor, has good post moves down low and a really nice hook shot. I like how her game is improving.

Tennessee looks like a completely different team in this game.
Diamond has found her stroke and is playing under control.
Nared is having a great game, and Mercedes is contributing as well.
Texas has a 2-point lead after 3. This one's going down to the wire.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Indeed, down to the wire. Defensive battle or offensive ineptitude?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Texas gets a 3 from an unlikely source (Higgs) to go up by 5 with 5:00 to play.
Diamond's pass to Russell gets picked off for the steal.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Indeed, down to the wire. Defensive battle or offensive ineptitude?

It's a little bit of both. Both teams are really getting after it on defense and having intermittent struggles on offense. Texas' offense ground to a complete halt for the entire first half of the 3rd quarter, but now they've recovered some of their flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom