Tennessee schedule | The Boneyard

Tennessee schedule

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That doesn't look right putting all their opponents' logos in Tennessee's colors. Party foul.

Some cream puffs and some good opponents. Obviously added so they could get a second road game while they were already in California to play Stanford...but at Portland St.? That's surprising. PSU had a nice season last year but looks like they had some heavy graduation losses (6 Fr. listed on their '19-'20 roster).

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
The Notre Dame game is interesting. Giving what Notre Dame lost from last year's roster.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Also of note regarding that game @ Portland St.--this has to be the first time in about 6 years Tennessee doesn't have a player from Oregon on their roster.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Some? Try 9.
And ND that early in the year could be vulnerable.
Every bit of 9. I wouldn't worry about Notre Dame that much, however, Muffet has the touch. They may be vulnerable in general, but the jury is obviously very out on Tenn at this point.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
They deserve credit for scheduling UConn and Notre Dame. However, most of that schedule is embarrassing for a program that was just offended by Geno's comment that they are almost like anyone else.

Reaction Score
I see 14 OOC games, 4 are meaningful. Typical HW scheduling.

Reaction Score
They deserve credit for scheduling UConn and Notre Dame. However, most of that schedule is embarrassing for a program that was just offended by Geno's comment that they are almost like anyone else.
I am not a Tennessee fan but I think scheduling ND, Texas, Stanford, and UConn OOC is commendable. I just hope MSST OOC schedule has some competitive OOC games. I do not believe an elite team should schedule 75% Cream puff for the OOC games. If WBB is to prosper we need OOC competition between the elite teams regardless of how tough in conference play is expected.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I am not a Tennessee fan but I think scheduling ND, Texas, Stanford, and UConn OOC is commendable. I just hope MSST OOC schedule has some competitive OOC games. I do not believe an elite team should schedule 75% Cream puff for the OOC games. If WBB is to prosper we need OOC competition between the elite teams regardless of how tough in conference play is expected.

I understand not all non-conference games are going to be against high-quality competition, but they've essentially scheduled exhibition matchups in the other games. Some second-tier or even third-tier opponents from top-10 conferences would be more commendable.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Not too bad..... for the second best team in Tennessee
While I appreciate the snark, UT is still the best team in Tennessee. The MTSU hype is much ado about HS accolades than actual collegiate skill. I am not sold on Hayes or Booth able to compete even at LV dysfunctional levels.
I hate the UT color scheme being applied to their opponents monikers- I mean a blue ND and Cardinal tree? At least Texas and UConn are lighter shades of the color they should be..

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
This isnt the same program that Pat scheduled the toughest schedule in the country. Not a bad schedule when you consider that Tennessee was barely even a tournament team last season. Stanford/ND/UCONN/Texas is strong for a team of that caliber. When you add in 1-2 games against each of Kentucky, Mississippi State, South Carolina and A&M it actually looks pretty good.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
This isnt the same program that Pat scheduled the toughest schedule in the country. Not a bad schedule when you consider that Tennessee was barely even a tournament team last season. Stanford/ND/UCONN/Texas is strong for a team of that caliber. When you add in 1-2 games against each of Kentucky, Mississippi State, South Carolina and A&M it actually looks pretty good.
It is, all in all, not an unusual schedule for most teams in the P5. Some (not all) of the weaker teams are very weak. I'm not criticizing, Rutgers had some awful opponents last year and Arizona has had a steady diet of them, not unusual when you are building a program.

Only a few teams really play a lot of challenging games. Most do count on their conference opponents to make things "respectable".

Reaction Score
The Portland State game was scheduled to serve as a “homecoming” game for Evina. This was the only Oregon team that had an open date that fit with Tennessee’s Western swing. Oh, well.

Reaction Score
UConn has a game in Eugene in 2021-22, so that potentiall could be Evina’s homecoming game if she sits out. The other D1 schools in Oregon are Oregon State, Portland, and Portland State.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The Portland State game was scheduled to serve as a “homecoming” game for Evina. This was the only Oregon team that had an open date that fit with Tennessee’s Western swing. Oh, well.

Timing is everything.

Reaction Score
Though stronger than most of the rest of their schedule, I don't think you can put Texas in the same grouping with Stanford, Uconn and ND as a quality opponent.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Though stronger than most of the rest of their schedule, I don't think you can put Texas in the same grouping with Stanford, Uconn and ND as a quality opponent.
True...Texas is the new Tennessee in terms of underachieving with more talent than most.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom