Tennessee parts ways with Kellie (Jolly) Harper [merged thread] | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Tennessee parts ways with Kellie (Jolly) Harper [merged thread]

Reaction Score
A bit harsh on Frese who has an NC and multiple F4s.

And I'm not sure Adia's fiery personality would be dainty enough for the LVs.
I see striking similarities. Freese won a NC in 2006 with a young roster loaded with talent who failed to even get back to the S16 the following year with four starters returning. Her next two FF appearances in 2014 and 2015 were on the shoulders of Alyssa Thomas, who has been the third best player in the W the last couple of years.

Freese isn't a bad coach at all but clearly something keeps the players churning from her program. The same can be said for Barnes.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
If Tennessee hires a young, up-and-comer, they most likely have less than or similar post-season success as Harper.

I can't see them poaching any head coach out there who has been to a Final Four (other than Adia Barnes). Maybe I'm missing somenoe obvious.

Reaction Score
If Tennessee hires a young, up-and-comer, they most likely have less than or similar post-season success as Harper.

I can't see them poaching any head coach out there who has been to a Final Four (other than Adia Barnes). Maybe I'm missing somenoe obvious.
I think Mitchell could be a dark horse if he wishes and is able to get back into coaching. No FF but did well at KY.

Reaction Score
I think Mitchell could be a dark horse if he wishes and is able to get back into coaching. No FF but did well at KY.
I just remember Geno talking about playing them in the tournament one year. MM had his "40 minutes of dread" philosophy of rotating in lots of players.

Geno postgame said something to the effect of: "It was great, they kept bringing in weaker and weaker players." :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
They went from a HC in Warlick who recruited gangbusters but couldn't teach, to a HC in Jolly who couldn't recruit OR teach. Some Duke fans are worried. Kara is on the board of Trustees for Tennessee. I wonder if they would think outside the box and go after Catchings, or maybe they will get smart and look at someone like the HC at Jackson State.

Tennessee fans probably feel they should be able to get someone of the caliber of Dawn/Kim/Vic/Jeff/etc. Will be interesting to see what direction they go in. I wonder if any boosters pony up big $ for them to go after a big time coach.
Jeff denied it but he had his tongue hanging to his belt for the job before Kellie got it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
5 million per year? Plus buy out her contract at SCar? Get real.

Let's face it, the only present big name that makes sense is Scott Rueck because Oregon State's budget is not competitive with the Vols.
Scott is off the screen as a dynamic coach.

Reaction Score
Scott is off the screen as a dynamic coach.
Scott is loved in Corvallis. I'm not sure he would uproot his family for the job, and Scott is so deeply ingrained within OSU. His parents who live in Portland attend every game (home and away) and Scott will have an amazing team at OSU for the next 2 years minimum. He may take a call from Tennessee and may use it to up his value to Oregon State, but I can't see him leaving Corvallis now.

Reaction Score
The highest recruit the coach ever got has opened her recruitment back up

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Doesn’t Dawn have statue at South Carolina. If she leaves does she get to take it with her.
The City of Columbia is installing a statue of her across from the State House. The University wasn't involved.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
While she has dipped, Adia is probably one of the only realistic coaching prospects who has made the national title game. She's young enough that she can still learn from her (portal acquisition) mistakes. She certainly has no issues in recruiting talented players.

Even this year her team beat Stanford, I believe.

She's accomplished more than Coach Yo and a lot of other candidates on that list, in my opinion.
I don't think Coach Yo is really a fit at Tennessee.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom