Tennessee Mizzou Handhakes | The Boneyard

Tennessee Mizzou Handhakes

Reaction Score
Davis' free throws help Lady Vols edge Mizzou 62-60

If you look around the 1:24 mark you can see Rennia Davis and Zaay Green taunting the Mizzou players after the game and Lauren Aldridge getting held back. Seems to be a reversal of the last game.

Here is the link for the last post game handshake @ Tennessee.

My question is , is this common at all teams taunting and going at each other post game. I don’t want this to turn into a bash TN thread I’m just generally curious.

Reaction Score
77345F1C-37A9-4C6D-AB68-F2486F7D92D3.jpeg

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Davis' free throws help Lady Vols edge Mizzou 62-60

If you look around the 1:24 mark you can see Rennia Davis and Zaay Green taunting the Mizzou players after the game and Lauren Aldridge getting held back. Seems to be a reversal of the last game.

Here is the link for the last post game handshake @ Tennessee.

My question is , is this common at all teams taunting and going at each other post game. I don’t want this to turn into a bash TN thread I’m just generally curious.

Is it common? No. Do i mind it? No :cool:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Is it common? No. Do i mind it? No :cool:
Exactly, though as parity increases so do these type of confrontations. But that's what a rivalry is, and I love it. Imagine if there were less teams in each conference and each team had to play each other 3 or 4 times a year. This type of stuff would happen after every play, not just end of games. Back in the day when I was a kid (just after the extinction event) the NHL had just 6 teams, and each team played 60 games a year. You can figure out how many times they played each other. Those game got heated man, and perhaps a bit dangerous. Nevertheless, I would love to see a bit more emotion and feistiness from these young ladies.

Reaction Score
I personally love this emotion. From any team I’d love to see it. If Mizzou does it @ Tenn then I’m glad Tenn did it back to them. Might be some of the only emotion they have shown all year.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I bet Pat would never have tolerated an asst. coach refusing to shake someone's hand, nor players on her team taunting the other team after a game. No matter what had happened in the game or in prior games.

Memory fog here, but didn't one of Summitt's assistants (Brown) refuse to shake Auriemma's hand years ago? Or was it another team?

Reaction Score

Some added context from Sunday with the whole back and forth between the teams preceded by Akira Levy trying to start something with Zaay Green before the buzzer requiring teammate Cierra Porter to grab her head and give her a verbal slap.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight

Tenn’s new big rivalry game is Mizzou ?

And we have a home and home with these lightweights ?

Reaction Score
Since it has been brought up again in this thread I want to reiterate that the person who refused to shake hands with Sophie Cunningham after the game in Knoxville was not a Tennessee assistant coach. She was Holly’s asslstant, I.e., Holly’s clerical/admin assistant. She now knows not to let her emotions get the best of her. Holly saw to that!

Another tidbit for UConn fans. Geno was in Chattanooga this week to see Kamilla Cardosa, the phenomenal post at Hamilton Heights Christian Academy.

Reaction Score
Headed via rumor mill that Cardoasa is a UCONN lean while Treasure Hunt her teammate is a TN lean. Again speculation so don’t quote me on this

Reaction Score
Since it has been brought up again in this thread I want to reiterate that the person who refused to shake hands with Sophie Cunningham after the game in Knoxville was not a Tennessee assistant coach. She was Holly’s asslstant, I.e., Holly’s clerical/admin assistant. She now knows not to let her emotions get the best of her. Holly saw to that!

Another tidbit for UConn fans. Geno was in Chattanooga this week to see Kamilla Cardosa, the phenomenal post at Hamilton Heights Christian Academy.
Great scoop but details needed.....Was he clean shaven??? :D

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score

Thanks for setting us straight. It's good to know that HW doesn't stand for it either.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

oh shoot... welcome to the Boneyard, thanks for the info

Reaction Score
Further proof that Holly is the perfect coach for the storied program at Tennessee,(albeit quite an old story),but nevertheless if their a.d . fails to tie her up for ten years or more they might just lose her to a more significant wcbb program. Don't let that happen Tennessee.:)

Reaction Score
Yes I am glad Tennessee gave Mizzou some of their own tonic..... and yes thank you for telling us about Holly's assistant.... grown ups have no place on the bench if they cannot act like grown ups and be bigger than the situation but it seems that Holly dealt with it.... and I applaud her for it....

As good as this victory is for Tenn, I hope they do not get over the top ... they have A & M and Gamecocks.... I have yet to see LVs play a full game that looks like a good WCBB game.... The Oregon St game on Monday was what the future of WCBB hopes to be.... up and down action.... full sold out crowd... etc....

And I must say again..... Tenn has 6 HS All Americans... Oregon and Oregon St 1 each.... what makes Destiny Slocum so much better than Evina Westbrook? On the rolling stream ticker on TV I do not even see the Tennessee score when they play.... yet Holly is getting indignant and making comments about social media.... Sorry had to say it

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
No, he was not. He went to see Kamilla Cardoso.

She is from Brasil, not Tennessee. That doesn't give anyone the right to spell her last name however they feel like. Puxa vida!

View attachment 39904

If the misspelling of players' names gets to you, this site (and the internet in general) is probably a constant source of discomfort.
;):rolleyes:

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
Hunt isn’t a TN lean at all. There hasn’t been much communication in awhile. Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if Cardoso goes pro in Brazil after high school and doesn’t go to college.

Reaction Score
Evina Westbrook would have 8-10 more PPG if she could finish her shots. She can get by anyone and get her shots up but the amount of them that go half in and out or roll around the rim is what drives me crazy.

Watch next game and see how many shots TN misses in the paint. If they can get some people who can finish and are finesse they'll be set.

Experince may help? Jordan Horston adding another dimension along with Tamari Key who is 6'6'' and multiple recuritng services ranked her the best shot blocker (ahead of Austin, Prince, Egbo, etc) could help as well.

Again this could all be with coaching too, but lets not dive there.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Evina Westbrook would have 8-10 more PPG if she could finish her shots. She can get by anyone and get her shots up but the amount of them that go half in and out or roll around the rim is what drives me crazy.

Watch next game and see how many shots TN misses in the paint. If they can get some people who can finish and are finesse they'll be set.

Experince may help? Jordan Horston adding another dimension along with Tamari Key who is 6'6'' and multiple recuritng services ranked her the best shot blocker (ahead of Austin, Prince, Egbo, etc) could help as well.

Again this could all be with coaching too, but lets not dive there.

Westbrook is better off the dribble than Slocum but Destiny is a much better decision maker and has played for much better coaches. She also is a better shooter than Evina. Fast forward another year and Slocum may be a POY candidate while Westbrook likely never becomes an All-American under Holly.

Agree about the inability to finish inside. Green can finish sometimes around the rim but KK is pretty bad inside when she has defenders on her. Not sure where you've seen Tamari Key that highly touted or that tall...I've only seen her ranked 46th and below. Her height is listed at 6-4 or 6-5 by publications. Maybe she's growing still but that's unlikely. Expecting her to provide a post presence as a freshman is likely unrealistic. More realistic is that KK, Collins, and Saunders will share post minutes and one will start alongside a starting 5 of Westbrook, Horston, Green, and Davis.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
No, he was not. He went to see Kamilla Cardoso.

She is from Brasil, not Tennessee. That doesn't give anyone the right to spell her last name however they feel like. Puxa vida!

View attachment 39904

Not quite sure what Puxa Vida means.... but imma have to incorporate it into some posts :p

Reaction Score
I haven’t been to Margeaux’s blog in quite some time. Lady Vol Nation how is she doing?

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
Westbrook is better off the dribble than Slocum but Destiny is a much better decision maker and has played for much better coaches. She also is a better shooter than Evina. Fast forward another year and Slocum may be a POY candidate while Westbrook likely never becomes an All-American under Holly.

Westbrook will be an All American and has already improved her play under Holly. Davis will also be an All American. Each player is doing much better now than they were at the beginning of the season and each are playing well. Davis was just the SEC Player of the Week again.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Westbrook will be an All American and has already improved her play under Holly. Davis will also be an All American. Each player is doing much better now than they were at the beginning of the season and each are playing well. Davis was just the SEC Player of the Week again.

They are playing well and certainly have potential to be AAs, but whether they'll get to the point of being recognized as a top 10-15 player in the country is a different matter. Players just don't improve under Holly. Keep in mind Holly has coached the following players, and none of them developed into All-Americans:

Bashaara Graves-former NFOY and top 5 recruit
Diamond Deshields-former #3 recruit and NFOY
Mercedes Russell-former #1 recruit
Ariel Massengale-former #3 recruit
Cierra Burdick-former #4 recruit
Jaime Nared-former #6 recruit

AA honors are heavily reliant on team success. Tennessee is a borderline NCAA tournament team with 3 really good players on the roster in Westbrook, Davis and Zaay Green. Will Tennessee get over the hump once Horston comes on board and the young players are upperclassmen? On paper they're a top 5 team in the country next year, but Holly's history says they'll continue to under perform if she is still coaching. This is 4 straight years of abysmal results despite coaching 9-10 top 10 recruits over those 4 years. If Tennessee isn't a top 10-15 team, none of their studs will make an AP team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom