Tennessee loses to FSU (merged thread) | The Boneyard

Tennessee loses to FSU (merged thread)

Reaction Score
Kellie’s substitution pattern is crazy!! I need an explanation on how, why!?

Reaction Score
Vols shot better (51 to 47%) and had 19 more rebounds but still lost.
7 more TOs.

Reaction Score
And didn’t call a time out to draw up a play
I don't think a time out was needed to be honest. It looked like they got the play/shot they wanted. Sometimes you just have to trust the player to make the play.

Reaction Score
Bad technical foul on Darby at the end of the 3rd qtr. Screaming in the face of opponent really not smart.
It was a quick tech. Was there some issues in the first half? I did not watch the first half of the game.

Reaction Score
It was a quick tech. Was there some issues in the first half? I did not watch the first half of the game.
I didn't see the first half either -- but a few minutes prior to the technical, Tess Darby appeared to have one of her arms raised, when one of the FSU players appeared to "run into" the raised arm. The FSU player fell to the floor. A scuffle was prevented, with a couple of players from each team hurrying over. I don't think any fouls were called on the play; I couldn't pinpoint when this happened through reading over the play-by-play account.

Reaction Score
Bad technical foul on Darby at the end of the 3rd qtr. Screaming in the face of opponent really not smart.
She did that after she was fouled making a layup and Tennessee was up 74-68. They had went on a 10-0 and Darby scored 8 out of those points. She missed her free throw but the FSU player made both of hers. FSU scored again before the quarter ended. One could say that Tech killed whatever momentum Tennessee had going into the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
I didn't see the first half either -- but a few minutes prior to the technical, Tess Darby appeared to have one of her arms raised, when one of the FSU players appeared to "run into" the raised arm. The FSU player fell to the floor. A scuffle was prevented, with a couple of players from each team hurrying over. I don't think any fouls were called on the play; I couldn't pinpoint when this happened through reading over the play-by-play account.
Gotcha. Thanks. That would explain why they gave Darby the tech then. The refs probably thought the energy level was crossing over into some other area and probably did not want anything to get out of hand. I get it now. Thank you again.

Reaction Score
If Jackson is the team leader the VOL defense will suck. She got in trouble with Vic and Pinson over defensive effort at State.
I agree and disagree. I disagree on the part about her not putting in the effort on defense. Jackson does enough on defense to disrupt plays and the player she is guarding. There are four other players out there with her plus the players on the bench. It's not ALL on her on the defensive end. Each player has to step it up a notch. I agree that she is the leader, but the defense won't suck. They will get things figured out.

Holy smokes! My dislike for the Lady Vols must be softening as I get older. Got me out here defending their players and coaches :)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I would caution folks about proclaiming what players want or what they think unless they know the player personally. Please read the rules

Reaction Score
Gotcha. Thanks. That would explain why they gave Darby the tech then. The refs probably thought the energy level was crossing over into some other area and probably did not want anything to get out of hand. I get it now. Thank you again.
Isn't there an emphasis on sportsmanship this season as well? Regardless of what happened earlier, it was the right call.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom