Tennessee Is On A Roll...

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Tonaroll.jpg

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
they are now 7-0. Kudos to them and their new coach. I'm guessing their AD is a happy camper also. So, what I'm thinking here is that their game on Jan 23 at the XL is going to be a lot more funner than I had originally thought. Theoretically, they could potentially be 18-0 by the time they...well, you know! ;) :eek: :) :D
Are they a lobster?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
The post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek and humorous. I was not really singing their praises. Apologies for raising your blood pressure a bit.
Java, you really are a WONDERFUL poster with superb wit and insight...now that's how you clearly show tongue-in-cheek, whether that is humorous or not is a different question :rolleyes:.

The use of bold, italics and emoji's ;) help us dim-witted posters understand what you were going for. :D

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I don't think it's arguable. They are a Top 25 team. Deservedly so.
for argument sake, why do you feel that way? Did you see my post on the teams they have scheduled this year? at to that they play 7 of their 1st nine games at home. Their schedule strength is now rated 196th. They beat a bad Notre Dame team who is also decimated by injuries to two key players. Texas (#91) is only the second team with a rating under 100 on their schedule thus far-they are poorly coached but have talent and the game is at Tennessee. This game will not show us much. In 3 games they play at Stanford, again with it at Stanford and Stanford as strong as they come, it may not show us much. January 5th against Kentucky will be the first real even match of a game to justify a top 25 ranking. I just hope the voters don't keep falling the lame victories as a reason to move them up.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
for argument sake, why do you feel that way?

Maybe I got my wires crossed. I thought I was referring to the program KJH left before moving to Tennessee, Missouri St. I think they've clearly played like a top 25 team this year. I haven't seen Tennessee or paid much attention to them.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
To be honest, in the one game I saw (against ND),and the box score of a few others, irregardless of the cupcake issues, it seemed to me their assists were up and TO's were under control. (Shooting especially from 3 looked pretty much the same) If some one (I am too lazy) wants to look at this objectively, it would be interesting to see how some of these specific metrics compare to last year (same cupcake issues) which would indicate better coaching etc.

Reaction Score
Tennessee's size and athleticism is going to make them a tough match-up for UConn! Their offense is pretty simple, they take the first good look they get and then crash the boards hoping for an easy putback. This concerns me considering UConn's inability to match their size and physicality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom