Tennessee From 15-0 To 15-4 in Ten Days? | The Boneyard

Tennessee From 15-0 To 15-4 in Ten Days?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Sweet dreams are made of these. Who am I to disagree.

1*7lw5_VI40CTTB93yIIDtuQ.jpeg

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Possible! I would hinge it on the Aja Wilson ankle injury. If she doesn’t play Tennessee beats South Carolina IMO. That ND game is in South Bend and I have a feeling MM will have the Irish ready for a payback from last season.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Could be. But Wilson may miss the Tennessee game with an ankle sprain. Advantage Tennessee. ND should be out to recover some mojo after last night's beat down. And its at ND, advantage ND. If MSST is healthy, I don't see Tennessee winning. Big advantage for MSST.

But things do not look good for Tennessee.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Possible! I would hinge it on the Aja Wilson ankle injury. If she doesn’t play Tennessee beats South Carolina IMO. That ND game is in South Bend and I have a feeling MM will have the Irish ready for a payback from last season.
Could be. But Wilson may miss the Tennessee game with an ankle sprain. Advantage Tennessee. ND should be out to recover some mojo after last night's beat down. And its at ND, advantage ND. If MSST is healthy, I don't see Tennessee winning. Big advantage for MSST.

But things do not look good for Tennessee.
I tend to agree that SC is at risk without Wilson, but I wouldn’t necessarily chalk that game up as a TN win. TN is prone to turn the ball over and Dawn’s teams always play tough defense.

While ND’s injuries make them more vulnerable to an upset, I too believe that MM will have the Irish ready vs TN.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Last night's loss stings big time since the odds of Tennessee winning 2 of the next 3 are awfully slim. On deck we have:

@ South Carolina--Wilson as of last night is day to day. I'll be stunned if she plays anything less than 35-40 minutes. This is probably the best chance Tennessee has for a win. SC just isn't that good this year, but they'll be at home and in front of a big crowd.

@ Notre Dame--Notre Dame is coming off one of its worst beat downs in my lifetime. They're going to come out focused and guns blazing, plus they're at home. I fear this one might be ugly.

vs. Mississippi State--Mississippi State looks to be the best team in the SEC and should be a big favorite. McCowan might be the best center in the country. Combined with their improved shooting and Vivian's improvement, this is another game that could be a blowout if Tennessee doesn't bring a great effort from the get go.

My big concern is that this stretch could really break the confidence of a lot of players....to go from 15-0 to 15-4 in ten days has to be difficult on the freshmen. I'm somewhat optimistic, but realistically I think Tennessee goes 1-3 or 0-4.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Last night's loss stings big time since the odds of Tennessee winning 2 of the next 3 are awfully slim. On deck we have:

@ South Carolina--Wilson as of last night is day to day. I'll be stunned if she plays anything less than 35-40 minutes. This is probably the best chance Tennessee has for a win. SC just isn't that good this year, but they'll be at home and in front of a big crowd.

@ Notre Dame--Notre Dame is coming off one of its worst beat downs in my lifetime. They're going to come out focused and guns blazing, plus they're at home. I fear this one might be ugly.

vs. Mississippi State--Mississippi State looks to be the best team in the SEC and should be a big favorite. McCowan might be the best center in the country. Combined with their improved shooting and Vivian's improvement, this is another game that could be a blowout if Tennessee doesn't bring a great effort from the get go.

My big concern is that this stretch could really break the confidence of a lot of players....to go from 15-0 to 15-4 in ten days has to be difficult on the freshmen. I'm somewhat optimistic, but realistically I think Tennessee goes 1-3 or 0-4.
Very nice analysis. IMO, even if TN loses the next 3, it’s not as if the Lady Vols are dropping games to teams they should beat, like they did last season. Last night they lost to a ranked team in OT on the road. They’re a young team that should get better by the conference tournament and Big Dance, at which point, TN could be a very dangerous team.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Tennessee's freshmen could have been hit with a dose of reality last night, especially Westbrook. She looked lost during the last few minutes of the overtime. The pressure of big games against the better teams could be very heavy on them. Also, if there is such a thing, the freshman wall may be starting to affect their play.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I hope they take the collar but one win there would make them legit.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
As much as we bash CHW here and despise most of their fans (I say that as on VolNation last night it was unbelievable vitriol coming from many of their fans on how could the team lose, ignoring the fact they are 15-1!!!), Tennessee has been excellent this year, last nights loss notwithstanding. If you had told me Tenn would be 15-1 going to SC, I would have bet you and lost my house. They still can still be offensively challenged at times and they didn't play smart down the stretch last night but they have 4 freshman getting substantial minutes in a tough conference. Even if they finish 5th this year in the SEC (MSU, Mizzou, SC, TexAM), they will have made significant improvements and put themselves back on the WCBB landscape. They do lose two seniors with significant experience next year but honestly, CHW as redeemed herself a bit from the last two year's of debacles. I am not sure why, but I do think Tenn will be placed in UConn's bracket this year...:cool:

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Regardless of how they emerge form games over the next 7-10 days, I'm still impressed with the Lady Vols. I expect them to be a tougher nut to crack then they have been in recent tournaments. I think they will be a team you may not want to play that first week. I see them reaching the S-16, maybe the great 8. :rolleyes:
There will be a "logjam" for entry into the great eight arena.

Reaction Score
15-4 is possible but IMO 16-3 or even 17-2 are more likely. All 3 games should be very competitive, although I'd give TN a big advantage at SC if Wilson is out.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Regardless of how they emerge form games over the next 7-10 days, I'm still impressed with the Lady Vols. I expect them to be a tougher nut to crack then they have been in recent tournaments. I think they will be a team you may not want to play that first week. I see them reaching the S-16, maybe the great 8. :rolleyes:
There will be a "logjam" for entry into the great eight arena.
Elite Eight. But yea :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This is one of the best Tennessee teams that I have seen in a long time. The freshmen look like the real deal and the transfers and graduations may have been the best thing to happen for this team. I also give more credit to the players than the coach, IMHO they are playing well in spite of coaching.

This is the first time in years they are one of my potential final 4 teams. UCONN, Louisville and Tennessee are 3 of my 4. The 4th is still up in the air. Just my opinion and I believe the Louisville game will be our toughest test of the regular season. Watching them play is like watching UCONN, a fun team to watch as a basketball fan.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Their next three games are:
  • at S. Carolina on Jan 14
  • at Notre Dame on Jan.18
  • vs Miss State on Jan 21
Yikes!

15-4 is not only possible, it's ...

Brutal schedule, but I commend the other UT in their scheduling.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Brutal schedule, but I commend the other UT in their scheduling.
What's to commend? Their conference schedule is what it is; Tennessee has no control over it.

As for the Notre Dame game, it's one of only 3 marquee OOC matchups that Holly has kept on the schedule. It's worth noting that the Notre Dame, Texas, and Stanford series are all holdovers from the Summitt era.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom